Washing (huasheng) Machine!

GoldenMotor.com

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
I just got my 4 stroke Fuji MTB mached up and running beautifully! Had a little blip w/ the exhaust valve sticking but I think I delt w/ that.

I bought a kit that came w/ the HD rear axle that is not really HD but is adiquite and has the sprocket mechanically connected to the hub and freewheel.(^) So I laced that up to a black steel rim I had w/ spokes rescued from a couple Worksman wheels that had seen better days.

I left the lighter spokes on the matching front wheel. W/ cantilevers front and rear it stops just fine.

I bought this bike for $6 (a lot of five bikes for $30) and used parts from the others so I got maybe $311 dollars into it.

It needs partswise a headset, new tires and tubes, new seat, simple lights, maybe some good fenders.

Workwise I already made an aluminum motor mounting plate that nessles down on the frame quite nicely and I fit a derailer on the 1 speed pedal side for auto chain tension I has vertical dropouts so tensioners are necessary. Also once I had the drive side tensioner mtd I removed the pulley and bent w/ a lg wrench the bracket so that it is in line w/ the chain.

I am going to be painting it, Bending the exhaust to match the frame angle, possibly fitting a garelli moped tank that I 've been wanting to use and I am sure I'll think of a few more by the time I get done w/ those.

I am open to seat suggestions (think comfortable, yet sleek). Maybe kinda expensive.

It would be a small frame for me were it not for the motor. I am 6'2" and it is like a 17" frame w/ 26" wheels. Makes for a really rigid frame set up and more up right seating position while still retaining aggressive looks. I love it! Can't wait to get it painted and back together!

Attachments

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Thank you for posting the photos as thumbnails, it makes it a lot nicer for those of us on dial-up.

Lots of nice work! A paint job would definitely round out the package.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Just bought'em that way. The rims were probably rusted when the guy's hog got out and laid up against it. rotfl No, really! This bike is pretty weathered but the frame and fork are fine and I'll Ospho and paint the bars, neck and cranks. It'll be getting new wheels, brakes and tires, seat and post. I'm trying to leave a tasteful level of "patena" whilst properly rebuilding it for it's new job. It will be for sale Jan or Feb.

Curiously If you look @ the original wheels both were laced up wrong!

P.S. Note also how much smaller front spokes are than the 11 guage on the rear of the 4-stroke

Attachments

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Went shopping with Carol and was cracking up telling her the hog and $6 workman story. She just shook her head and remarked that I know very interesting people. Dunno why this is striking me so funny.

"Man! what happened to your bike, accident?"
"Nope, big arse hog"

Really like the washing machine build. Very Clean. I have a little mountain bike that I got for 25 bucks (Bless CList) would love to 4 stroke it but just 2 tight. I think. What do you need for room?

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Has a 15" Seat tube. I think thats about as small as you can go; I have to disconnect chain and remove the 4 engine mtg bolts to service the air filter and the front bottom of motor is touching in the front, further more the choke lever is rubbing the bottom of the top tube. Idon't need to move the motor to adjust the valves however. That 3/8" Aluminum engine plate is all machined w/i .005" so aligning it w/ the frame/rear sprocket is not an issue.

It's tight, tight like a tiger!

Seriously though I love the lines on this bike.blady.boogy1a