I need a good mirror

GoldenMotor.com

tmaxon

May 15, 2013
Gilbert, AZ
I have purchased a mirror online that ended up being to small and I don't like any that I see at local stores. I would like something that's a little bigger and sticks out far enough, without looking stupid. Any suggestions?

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I got this at an Academy Sporting Goods store. It securely straps on the end of the left hand grip.......works great so far!

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If you're fortunate enough to have a motorcycle salvage yard in your area, or a yard with a motorcycle section, check out the great mirrors that MCs have. They can be easily adapted to 7/8" handlebars and they are designed for 2 wheeled vehicles that are driven on the streets. They're usually cheap too; a couple of bucks for a nice chrome mirror with a convex lens that gives a good wide angle view of what's sneaking up on you.

I've never had one made for a bicycle that was worth a darn.

Tom

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I haven't found a bicycle mirror yet that does well on a motorized bicycle, the vibrations always take thier toll and the mirror moves. The best option I've found so far are the mirrors you stick to your helmet. Yeah, they look a little funny but they work for me. They are much steadier, and being able to pan back and forth by moving my head shows me the whole road behind, not just immediately to my left.

My first one was one of this style, eventually the plastic on the flex section of it did crack. Right now I have one of these instead. So far, no issues. (I bought them at local bike shops, the first cost me $20 5 years ago, the new one cost me $8.)

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
My Whizzers both have good mirrors....don't shake and are right in your glance when needed

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN

Here is what I did. Cut off the head of a 6 inch bolt, thread it, then join it to the mirror post with a threaded rod coupling. Use red lock tight to do this.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I picked up a mountain mirrycle from my local shop. It works great so far and I have some rough roads where I live. http://www.mirrycle.com/mirrycle_mirrors.php
Agreed, it's simply the best bicycle mirror I've ever had. My first one still survives to this day w/about 15,000 miles on it, it's been transplanted from one commuter to another. Low vibration & good visibility - I particularly appreciate how it simply folds in when smacked against a door frame, tree, dirt, asphalt or just the random person with personal space issues who can't seem to walk past anything w/o bashing into it ;)

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i am in agreement also. i use the mirrycle and it is a good mirror. i wouldn't ride without a rear view mirror