Bike slows to a stop when throttle is all the way down

GoldenMotor.com

stuckonreplay

Aug 14, 2012
Frederick, Maryland
Just got my bike running but I have noticed a issue. When I pulled my throttle all the way down, the bike slowed down then shut off and now it wont start. Here are my thoughts of why:

-incorrect wiring
-fuel line was bent (it was squeezed in half at the time)
-throttle cable is bent (i have it ziptied to the frame because it is long)

Help would be appreciated.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
do you have the clear fuel line or the black one? it might be lack of fuel to the engine when the carb emptys it stops running till itcan fill up again usualy from a vapor lock from a bad gas tank vent open the cap and see if it helps to start with

stuckonreplay

Aug 14, 2012
Frederick, Maryland
do you have the clear fuel line or the black one? it might be lack of fuel to the engine when the carb emptys it stops running till itcan fill up again usualy from a vapor lock from a bad gas tank vent open the cap and see if it helps to start with
It is a clear line, but like I said the line was pinched down hard, could this be why?

edit: my tank is lock tight

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
I have the opposite problem, my bike speeds up when throttle is all the way open. In fact, it seems that it stays that way most of the time. ;-)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I have the opposite problem, my bike speeds up when throttle is all the way open. In fact, it seems that it stays that way most of the time. ;-)
All of my bikes have done that. Every time I twist the throttle all the way, the bike speeds up and will only slow down if I release the throttle or put the brakes on.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong??? :)

Tom