Schwinn cruiser 1st build white w/ black!!

GoldenMotor.com

motovator

May 16, 2012
Southern Maine
Just got finished with my 1st build. Bought a schwinn 7 spd. cruiser from walmart 100$. Ive had a used motorbike so used a couple of the good modified parts from that one. I ordered a Grubee Skyhawk gt5 n wanted to get to it so fast i payed over 100$ shipping 2 day air!! I live in southern Maine and its beautiful ridin around here. My schwinn is a sexy white w/black!! Im ready to build a real sick ride and sell this one!!

Attachments

Last edited:

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
should have saved the extra shipping cost for upgrades only took 5 days to get my motor,i also built a schwinn, the drifter,motor pk 80 with upgraded hardware from pirate cycles as well as the 40t sprocket adapter rear dump exhaust from bgf,couple other upgrades, listed for sale today, asking 800 take 700 have about 575 in it. good luck with your build.peace

Attachments

thdrduck

Mar 6, 2012
Midwest
Have you guys had any problems with the rear hub, bearings or coaster brake? I have a nasty grinding sound coming from the rear hub. I loosened it up and checked the bearings, they seem fine but two small pieces of metal fell out (I think from the brake). Wondering if they are just junk and I should buy an after market wheel or try to get by with this one. I don't think I have much more then 100 miles on it.
Schwinn has a lifetime warranty as long as you don't put a motor on it.

motovator

May 16, 2012
Southern Maine
Have you guys had any problems with the rear hub, bearings or coaster brake? I have a nasty grinding sound coming from the rear hub. I loosened it up and checked the bearings, they seem fine but two small pieces of metal fell out (I think from the brake). Wondering if they are just junk and I should buy an after market wheel or try to get by with this one. I don't think I have much more then 100 miles on it.
Schwinn has a lifetime warranty as long as you don't put a motor on it.
My Schwinn is a freewheel ..not a coaster brake..but..I have almost 200 miles on it with the stock wheels and have had no prob whatsoever with the hub. It was a very cheap (inexpensive cruiser) at that. Sounds like u definitely need another wheel at this point. I keep planning on ordering a rear after-market rim simply because of my weight etc. and think i will now! Good luck!