Ok or not okay with you

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
If you liked a product, you will always speak well of it. Of course, it is your opinion and nothing more and others will disagree. If they paid you for it, they are sponsoring you and require you to talk about their products. You're reputation is on the stand and it's up to you if you, or anyone getting the same offer, would take such a stand. It's one thing to say you like Coke and you are paid to wear their logo. But if you start saying you like Coke but really drink Pepsi because Coke paid you and doesn't want you to tell anyone; imagine if someone caught you drinking Pepsi after you just said your statement.
You would be ostracized.

If I trusted someone and they were secretly endorcing a product, I would take their word for it without hesitation because I wouldn't know. If it didn't work for me, then I would say I got a lemon. If I find out that they were selling me something and didn't tell me, then I will be the first to get on the air and call foul.
Very well said Ebm. What a great thread Sir Deacon. I am facinated with some of the responses to this hypothetical.

I really thought this was a no brainer of ethics. If it were right, why would one have to omit their provocation to endorse a product?

Theft by deception is, well, theft. Is ones integrity and standing in any community worth payment of a motor for a bicycle? Am I missing some thing here? LOL, won't be the first time ^5

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Dan when taking huge bites from the sandwich of life, It helps to have someone nearby who knows the Heimlich maneuver since life has a tendency to stick in ones throat now and then.. $4 gasoline comes to mind at the moment.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I lived and worked in South America and Africa and truly poor is a horrible thing to see.
"$4 gasoline comes to mind at the moment." is an inconvenience. if I make enough $ to live indoors and have a full belly, I would not feel forced to tote the wonders of a product regardless of how I really felt about it. Just my thinking.
This was a very interesting and revealing question.