1940 CCM twin bar for boardtracker

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
1919 Evans Power Cycle

Jamie, Here is a photo that Curt sent me. I would say that it would be very hard to make that tank fit without altering your frame unless you make the tank fit over your bars.
Yes it would be a challenge but what a fun challenge.

What part of Ontario are you in?

Steve.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
1919 Evans Power Cycle

Jamie, Here is a photo that Curt sent me. I would say that it would be very hard to make that tank fit without altering your frame unless you make the tank fit over your bars.
Yes it would be a challenge but what a fun challenge.

What part of Ontario are you in?

Steve.
Thanks for the photos Fasteddy... ive seen the first picture but hadnt seen that second picture.... when i saw a close up of the engine i thought WOW that looks very similar to the 98cc Villiers and would make a perfect engine for a replica..... thanks Fasteddy i already have enough projects but now im thinking about that Evans :)

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
1919 Evans Power-Cycle 119cc (CycleMotor Corporation, USA) www.Motorwheeling.com

Here's photos of a later Evans. Same style of gas tank but split in two. Could be made to look like one piece or darned close to it.

Harry when I saw the engine picture I could only think that I had unleashed the hounds of desire on you and Cam in N.Z. LOL
Thank heavens I'm to old to do many more or I'd be in the fray for sure.

Steve.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
The Villiers has the flywheel on the other side, but a very close match.... especially if i were to make a faux ignition thingy (mind just went blank lol). Thanks Fasteddy, thanks a lot LOL

jamie7

Sep 5, 2011
ontario
Hey Guys,

I'm in Hamilton - not far from Toronto, but a lot more green space and way less people (still 505000 though).

Yeah the tank will be a cool challenge. My wheels are still spinning on that one for now while I work out the other details. There are so many things I want to fab right now - I'm getting excited on the replica build idea for sure.

Just doing some latenight research right now - tomorrow's another day.