Motorized Felt Revolver #2

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I'm building another Felt Revolver & I'm gonna make this a 'build thread'.

I'm gonna make this one easy & use one of SportsCarPats 'keg' tanks instead of a 'in frame' tank.
This will have a full ported engine & all the good stuff!! (^)

Here's the starting pic... A stock bike with added 3-G slick tires & no chain guard...

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Thats a nice black hub adaptor. Sportscarpat sure has some fine products. I think i need me one of those for my Whippet project when funds permit.

Look forward to seeing how this turns out Venice.....

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Today I busted out a new Raw engine & tore it all apart to open up & blend the transfer ports.
Here's a pic half way through the job showing how the case, barrel & gasket are starting to all have the same shape. (The yellow tape is to keep metal shavings out of the bearings.)

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I was wondering, can you reuse the crankcase center gasket, or do you install a new one?

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I've decided that I'm gonna build this bike similar to the Slater... I'm gonna install a SBP HD shifter kit & I just bought a Sturmey 8-speed disc brake hub to go with it! (so off comes the black sprocket.)
I'm trying a Sturmey hub this time because it has a 'twist grip' shifter & not a 'thumb' shifter.
Here's a link to the hub... Sturmey Archer

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Here's a pic of the finished engine.
After carefully measuring the piston top on the RAW engine, I determined that it will work with the black Pirate head that I have; so I installed it! (^)

Now you can all get a close look at my highly organized work bench! laff

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Last edited: