Help with trim color, please

GoldenMotor.com

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Robert i understand why you are moving your seat rearwards, im just wondering why your seat tube looks like its made from flat stock rather then tubing? Is that right?

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
Yes, it is flat. I assume that was to keep the seat as low as possible. It is just a temporary fix until I get my seat back from the shop. I've seen these used before and they aren't bad when you find a seat the covers it. Pirate cycles sells them. It was faster to order it on a Monday and get it a couple days later to get it than wait until I had time to visit some friend to tell them what I needed and wait until they had time to do it.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Fair enough, just seemed odd to me, it would seem like you would not save all that much height over a cut/welded seat post, but each to their own. Still a beautiful bike and your video made me jealous. Looks like a lot of fun. I love the Sportsman Pat bikes, you have one very nice ride there

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Dang! That thing is fast! Couldnt really see it in the vid but I know you getting air over that bump :) How high do you think you got?

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
I barely got air. I really didn't mean to do it but we have three speed bumps and was just trying to build up some speed for the video. This was the second day I had the bike. I'm not making a habit of hitting those giant bumps. lol