Custom Exhaust Thread

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
thanks. it sounds great. louder than stock, but not a "tinny" two stroke sound, it's much deeper without that annoying buzz.

i was talking to my neighbor the other day, and a guy rode by with a stock 2 stroke, and she said mine doesn't sound anything like that. said she hates the way the stock ones sound.:)

Kristof

Jan 21, 2011
Aliso Viejo, CA
thanks. it sounds great. louder than stock, but not a "tinny" two stroke sound, it's much deeper without that annoying buzz.

i was talking to my neighbor the other day, and a guy rode by with a stock 2 stroke, and she said mine doesn't sound anything like that. said she hates the way the stock ones sound.:)
Hehe, right on. Custom all the way!

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
Heres mine, Custom header for a SBP expansion exhaust, Made the header and flange myself, Bent it by filling with sand and heating with my oxy/actylene torch and freehand bending. Then welded to flange, and brazed to SBP exhaust (Better joint as SBP exhaust pipe was flared out)
Also slightly crimped the pipe before welding to the flange, to make it a better match for the port, And then fully port matched it to the engine.

Exhaust pre paint

Sanded it down with a mini belt sander, then painted, resulting in:

Exhaust close up

Larger version of bike image

Pinoyxprss

Mar 15, 2011
CA
Whats a good way to extend an exhaust without welding and using steel pipes?
I want to cut the muffler from the pipe and attach and extend it all the way to the back of the bike but I want a material that can be used as a pipe and be able to bend it around the bike very easily.

kinda like the 2doors bike pictured below but without welding..wont be the best of looks but it will keep the fumes from coming up my face when I'm idling.

I'm also planning on attaching a trailer on my bike to bring my kid with me but now I need to be able to run a flexible pipe under the trailer attached to the muffler exhaust.

Thanks
JD

Attachments

Last edited: