4 Stroke bicycle project

GoldenMotor.com

JRRacing64

Jan 25, 2011
Massachusetts
I've been trying to help my Uncle find a place on the net to share his motorized bicycle project on (He's not use to social networking, lol.)

If I'm not in the right place, Sorry about that in advance.

Anyway, This is a project he's been working off and on for the last 2 or three years. The video's I have included explains the details of his bike and how it works.

He's looking for feed back on this bike so feel free to leave any comments or questions, Especially the parts he engineered and I'll relay them to him.

This one has a bit more detail on the workings of the bike.
YouTube - Steve Reichert: Home built motorized four stroke bicycle overview

YouTube - Steve Reichert's motorized 4 stroke bicycle --- HD

Thank you for your time and enjoy the videos.

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I apologize JRRacing64 about your post not being visible, we are having a little difficulties with our anti-spam program.

If you would like you may re-post your thread and we can try it again.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
That looks like a nice build. Give us details, type of engine,etc. If you live in Mass. There's lots of motorized bike people I know that you could find there.
Jay

Last edited:

skiball83

Nov 18, 2010
Chicago
Great build, makes me really jealous and Im constantly getting comps on mine. Where did your uncle get the motor from and how much? Looks like a HD 4 stroke version of our 2 stroke china girls. (he looks ex military btw)

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Well this is a most impressive bike your uncle built when can see the kits start to hit the market, put me down for one. The most impressive part is that your getting the same speeds as the 50cc 4 stroke kits are getting. I really like everything about the bike Really nice work, Machinist rock
Cheers
Terry

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I do have one suggestion that would be to simplify the drive system. Now every one has to have a different setup but if you where to go strictly with the drive on the right side it would make it with much less parts and a little less complicated. For example if you where to use your engine mount and and engaging system and the jack shaft and a Sick Bike Parts style shifter kit that would cut way down on custom parts. And you could go with a disk brake on the rear instead of V brakes. Now with that said even if you didn't do anything to this at all I am still impressed and the only reason I said to make it a little more simple is because you asked. Truly love this build

Last edited:

JRRacing64

Jan 25, 2011
Massachusetts
Hey guys, sorry about not checking in on here. My uncle has been reading up on your questions on his bike and has given me a list of answers to some of them.

The engine is a GX-35 Honda. All the guards and covers have been removed. Also I've machined
the finsoff the flywheel and rebalanced them.

JRRacing64

Jan 25, 2011
Massachusetts
The mount for the fuel tank is used for the engine mount so the engine is isolated.

The reason I used the left, right drive system on this bike was because it was the only way to achieve fully independent petaling without any parisitic drag.

Last edited: