what is it?

GoldenMotor.com

Helmutt Cycles

Nov 27, 2009
PHX. AZ
Yes This Bike is a "Simplex Servicycle" .Still quite popular item,,with the serious Antique Motor Bikers they made 2 wheelers and a 3 wheeled sevice car,trikes...Although this one does not have it's original 2stroke single cyclinder motor It appears to have a Briggs and Straton 2 or 3 hp motor driving it's orginal belt drive..
One very interesting detail you can order from "Coker tires" a speed rated tire ment for the Simplex,that can be used on say a wide worksman 26" bicycle wheel..
During the Portland ralley this year I saw numbers of these Simplex Servicycles..ranging from 1500.00 to 6000.00 bucks.. they are quite Cool and if ya find one with it's orginal motor now you have a real peice of Americana...flg.
Helmutt

Last edited:

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Yes This Bike is a "Simplex Servicycle" .Still quite popular item,,with the serious Antique Motor Bikers they made 2 wheelers and a 3 wheeled sevice car,trikes...Although this one does not have it's original 2stroke single cyclinder motor It appears to have a Briggs and Straton 2 or 3 hp motor driving it's orginal belt drive..
One very interesting detail you can order from "Coker tires" a speed rated tire ment for the Simplex,that can be used on say a wide worksman 26" bicycle wheel..
During the Portland ralley this year I saw numbers of these Simplex Servicycles..ranging from 1500.00 to 6000.00 bucks.. they are quite Cool and if ya find one with it's orginal motor now you have a real peice of Americana...flg.
Helmutt
That's something I like about this forum. There are all these people who know lots of things about this topic. I'm never in the dark long about a bike I've never seen before. Somebody knows, or can dig up, something. Thanks HC. I think I'll read a bit about these, they're kinda cool.

butchl

Sep 30, 2008
Garden City, MI
Hey: I've got one of those Simplexs...1945 with perfect frame. Bought Worksman front wheel and tires and original rears.Thinking of a 5 H.P. B&S motor with the original belt drive. Should be fun.

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
I would go with something more like the original

Lifen makes some kick start 4 strokes that would bring it back to it's former glory

I can't believe that thing is still sitting at just $200

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I would go with something more like the original

Lifen makes some kick start 4 strokes that would bring it back to it's former glory

I can't believe that thing is still sitting at just $200
They origanaly came with a two stroke. So even a china girl would work. run a jack shaft and belt drive it. Good luck ...Curt

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
yes but that is a 45 to 47 H model
I believe that they had graduated to larger kick start engines by then
Or at least they could be kit modified to kick start

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
Youc an get the 110s starting at around $250 or the 50cc starting at about $200

Not that much more than a china girl, but you get kick start plus a transmission