Dellorto sha jet size?

GoldenMotor.com

Fizzbane

Apr 4, 2010
Canada
I am trying to tune my brand new 16.16 dellorto sha carb. the stock jet size i got was an 82 and i have a range of 70s. Only problem is I do not know how to tune it properly, I know that the majority of the jet sizes are not working well, i barely get any rpms (i have a 3 more to try out). Am i even in the right range? I have been trying 70s. I have an 66cc motor with sbp expansion and jim's billet head and also pat's custom manifold.

I dont know much about tuning, but i know it is not running right. It was much better with stock carb.

Any help and direction would be much appreciated. If 70's are not the right range to be I would greatly appreciate a site to purchase some jets (in bulk, such as 5 in XX's range). Thanks.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Can't help with the Del'orto but I can with the tuning aspect. How is the plug? Oily and black? (too rich) Dry, white or gray? (too lean)

Does it bog (usually too rich) or stutter (too lean) when throttle is opened?
Does it four stroke at cruise, (close to perfect) or all the time? (too rich)

Fizzbane

Apr 4, 2010
Canada
What exactly is the difference between bogging and stuttering?

I know that with a 75 jet size I get quite a bit of smoke out of my exhaust. but does that mean too rich?

I always assumed I could only check spark plug after it has been running quite a while. With my current trials with jets i cannot get it to idle nor is it very ridable.

jauguston

May 1, 2010
Bellingham, WA
If the jets are 5mm Delorto jets that fit the stock HT carb Sick Bike Parts has a selection. I have the carb with "speed" cast in the side of the body and it came on a Grubee 66cc engine with a 70 jet. That is too rich. I have a 68 in it now and it is too rich. I just received a 66 from SBP and will try it next. I also have the needle clip in the top groove and that is still too rich. I am going to put the slide in my mill and cut down a little where the clip rests in the slide and see if I can lean the part throttle some more. If it doesn't work I can just put a thin washer under the clip.

I am running Opti-2 at 100-1. If you are running a thick oil mix you may not be as rich as me because your fuel will be thicker and not flow through the jets as well.

Jim

Fizzbane

Apr 4, 2010
Canada
Darn. I got a bunch of 70s jets... guess i got to find some 60s in a spread for relatively cheap.

Does anyone know where i can buy a range of 60s for fairly cheap?

I am running opti-2 at 100:1. ;P

Fizzbane

Apr 4, 2010
Canada
you dont have a great selection at the moment (just the 66 and 68 in the 60s range atm)... I found a site with a very wide selection and cheaper prices. Sorry to say but i am going to have to go with them.
If you had the selection, I would go with you guys, you have amazing service and parts.

for anyone else that is interested:

treatshq treatland.tv moped puch superstore discount parts for the people!

ordering a whack of 60s and a high 50 just to be sure. thanks

jauguston

May 1, 2010
Bellingham, WA
fizzbane,

Another source that usually has a good selection is scootershop.com. A lot of places have them listed on their web site but nothing on the shelf (-:

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
We only just starting carrying jets and the demand has been huge. Our larger delivery arrives this week - thank goodness - plus we have already dropped our price. There is only one true source in the USA. Not sure if some people are selling knock-offs or not.

The sizes we ran out of - we don't list them - so not sure where you are coming from on the last comment.

Fizzbane

Apr 4, 2010
Canada
The sizes we ran out of - we don't list them - so not sure where you are coming from on the last comment.
I meant that you didnt have a large range of 60s IN STOCK at the moment. my bad. poor wording.

I think a few i purchased were knock offs but i mean, as long as they work, they work. I only say that they were possibly knock-offs because 2 were a different colour than the rest.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
No sweat man. Wasn't anything you wrote. I was responding to this comment :
A lot of places have them listed on their web site but nothing on the shelf
Been trying to pull the ones we sell out of diligently......but I shouldn't have taken it so seriously/personally. Jim and I have been looking for the source of real Delorto jets in the USA at a decent price for awhile.

When I measure the Dellorto jets (they are marked) - they are what they say they are. Not saying the knock-offs will be untrue to size, I've just never studied them.

jauguston

May 1, 2010
Bellingham, WA
Pablo,

My comment about some having jets on their web site but none on the shelf was definately not aimed at you guys. I am the one that told Jim about the jet source. He lives about a mile from me.

Jim