First try!

GoldenMotor.com

Reventon45

Jun 14, 2010
Massachusetts
This is my first attempt at a board tracker. Lots of cheap parts, and I did it in my garage with a power drill, adjustable wrench and philips head screw driver...

My next one with surely be more professional... but for now, I love the looks of this one.

Please give feedback!! Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
looks good,,,,now to avoid an accident ,secure the chain Idler with a piece of flat steel to from the idler brace to the (top) seat stay so that the wheel dosen't rotate into the spokes,,,there are other ways to do this,type chain tentioner in the google search at the top of the page and read the entrys on the search page for good ideas

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Reven,
Looks good. Your most likely gonna do this anyway but secure the wiring, I got some wire loom covering at a local parts store, 3 ft for like $2, I didn't see a fuel filter, good Idea to pick one of those up too, and of course a air filter. I know... it wasn't done yet, but ya never know. One more, I don't know if you plan on riding in the winter, living here in Maine, my cruiser Whitewalls were perm. gray in a bout a week.
Next year winter tires for it!

Mac

Reventon45

Jun 14, 2010
Massachusetts
Yea, the filter didn't let in enough air and it kept stalling even with the choke off fully. Also, i have been researching tensioner fastening methods, as I dont want it falling into the chain, but it's still a work in progress and I'm workin on all those little details.

Thanks again,
Dorian

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
feedback hunh? ok...

get some heat shrink for those wires. nothing wrecks the lines of a bike by having wires and cables dangling all over the place and routed all haphazardly. you'll be amazed at how much better it looks after it's all cleaned up.

oh, and with those lower bars, you might want to find a good chiropractor...;)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Am I the only one who is reminded of a lop eared rabbit when I look at a boardtracker.
Actually, I love the look. I have two with flipped bars that give it that distinctive appearance.
Good work, Reventon. You have to be proud. Secure that tensioner bracket and the rest is cake. Enjoy, ride safe.
Tom

Attachments

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Am I the only one who is reminded of a lop eared rabbit when I look at a boardtracker.
Actually, I love the look. I have two with flipped bars that give it that distinctive appearance.
Good work, Reventon. You have to be proud. Secure that tensioner bracket and the rest is cake. Enjoy, ride safe.
Tom
Or, if you have the means and your chainstays will let you, put the chain tensioner on the pedal-drive side and adjust the motor-driven chain by: 1) shortening it only if you need to. 2) Moving the rear wheel back, then adjusting the pedal-drive tensioner accordingly. If you can get away with that, no worries on the spokes. I'm working on this with my bike right now. NOTE: if you know you'll need to shorten your drive chain, get a GOOD chain breaker and you'll never need to know why Wal-mart chainbreakers are worthless - 'cause you'll have a good one, and won't care.

Bike Monster

Jun 4, 2010
Conneticut
This is my first attempt at a board tracker. Lots of cheap parts, and I did it in my garage with a power drill, adjustable wrench and philips head screw driver...

My next one with surely be more professional... but for now, I love the looks of this one.

Please give feedback!! Thanks!
Nice build! i am planning on building something like this for my 2nd build. i am going to get a performance carb, springer forks, and a performance exhaust... (hopefully) .shft.dance1