First Cruiser build - Open to comments

GoldenMotor.com

MadC

May 4, 2010
Toronto
Hey Guys,

Finally got my cruiser put together and I would like some helpful tips and criticisms.....

I do need to tidy up the wiring tho.. Cheers

dvddtz

Feb 15, 2009
Gulf Breeze, FL
Looks great.Please keep an eye on that front fender,as the mounting tab is known to break.Fortuneatly for me I caught mine before it wrapped around the front wheel.Have fun.

MadC

May 4, 2010
Toronto
Looks great.Please keep an eye on that front fender,as the mounting tab is known to break.Fortuneatly for me I caught mine before it wrapped around the front wheel.Have fun.
ooo, grim mental picture...

I was gunna change my forks to springers, any suggestions for customizing?

[email protected]

Sep 25, 2009
San Diego
A little tip for the wiring... If you use zip ties, don’t tighten too much ... I prefer running the clutch and the throttle cables through the nice gaps between the gas tank mounting bolts and the frame.... holds it securely, and puts them in a nice approach angle to where they go on the motor.... also not tight, so they function.....

... also might want to tighten up your chain tensioner wheel (chain “looks” loose)... i like to drill a small 3/16” hole through the tensioner and the frame to keep it from moving...

LOOKS GOOD.... hope this stuff helped

MadC

May 4, 2010
Toronto
A little tip for the wiring... If you use zip ties, don’t tighten too much ... I prefer running the clutch and the throttle cables through the nice gaps between the gas tank mounting bolts and the frame.... holds it securely, and puts them in a nice approach angle to where they go on the motor.... also not tight, so they function.....

... also might want to tighten up your chain tensioner wheel (chain “looks” loose)... i like to drill a small 3/16” hole through the tensioner and the frame to keep it from moving...

LOOKS GOOD.... hope this stuff helped
It sure did, I tightened the tensioner and I'll redo the ties, I did do some tie downs

[email protected]

Sep 25, 2009
San Diego
those were just suggestions that worked for me.... if your tie downs work well and you like it... keep it..... in my experience it is easy to over-tighten and your throttle might not spring back anymore, or your clutch will be harder to squeeze.... also it’s easy to run it in pretty directions that will have you bending the cables too much causing the same issues... good luck