Aerofast Bicycles

GoldenMotor.com

James the welder

Mar 24, 2010
Tempe AZ
Well I am new here to this site and should not bash some one for trying to make a living. If they are selling then more power to them. But way to steep a price for me. my 2cents............... .weld

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
There's a difference between "overpriced" and "expensive". Cannondale and even Felt, for example, are too rich for my poor blood but I would hesitate to call them overpriced. I've researched them. You get a really good bike for their price.
Now, Aerofast, I have no clue. Their site makes their bikes sound good. They offer a ten year warranty on frame and fork. They sound serious. And I, too, think it's heartening to see what may prove to be a quality American-made product turn a profit here. I only wish I had that kind of money. If I did, I would investigate getting one.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
The frames look really nice. Good place for a nicely fitted tank and the down tube is very Schwinn like, which to me means there is lots of room to fit an engine. It looks like some of the frames have a double straight bar which gives a nice flat and stable place to mount a tank, while others have a single straight bar. I will call them and see how much just a frame is. Considering the price of classic straightbar frames and Worksman frames, this frame could be an option.

IamTheBear

Oct 6, 2010
north florida
I just saw one in person the other day myself in person. Sorry to bring back an old post. JEA Jacksonville's electric company. It was at one of there power generation stations. I looked rock solid as **** but i am far from an expert. I was proud to see it' was made not only in the USA but here Jax I was really wondering how much for just the solid frame

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
I checked out their site.I got a little sticker shock also.
It's not that they are over priced it's that we have become conditioned into buying cheaper quality products.
If you want quality you have to be willing to pay for it,or the people building the quality parts won't be around very long.Kip.
[email protected]

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
i've been looking at that site for some time now but just haven't talked myself into buying one, i think the price is fair for what your buying. a schwinn phantom repop sells for more. the lbs has a phantom repop there asking $2500 for. would be nice if they would sell the tins separately.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
I had called and emailed these guys months ago about buying a few frames in bulk. They seemed to be interested, responded to my first three communications, then nothing after repeated attempts. I moved on.
Pat

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
yeah, uh, same thing happened to me.

if you haven't figured it out yet, it's this bike: http://motorbicycling.com/f41/introducing-bairdco-prototype-cruiser-24552.html.

i've been talking with them for a year, and it looks like it's going nowhere.

i have one of the emory unisex industrial bikes, and i had the double straight bar mojave cruiser that my brother has now, and they're awesome bikes. and the red one is the "beach bomber."

the sucky thing is, i think they're taking all my ideas to produce their own motorbike.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
I knew it was the Bairdco Special but didn't want to spill the beans. So they did it to you, to? So you think they are working on a motorized version? It is always a leap of faith when working with someone without a disclosure agreement. I also have some stuff floating around out there that could come back and haunt me. I would hate to have to compete with my own designs.
Pat

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I never forget who does my friends dirty. They will never get a penny or a kind word from Silverbear. It is an indication of what kind of people they are and it is not a kind I choose to deal with. If they do you guys right, I'll change my opinion of them, but right now it doesn't look good. Too bad, you guys are the best. Their loss.
SB

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Sorry to hear about that Bairdco and Sportscarpat.
There's alway's someone out there either looking to steal your idea's or profit from them.
I've spent thousands and ended up getting screwed more times than I care to count.
They can steal your ideas but they can't steal your talents.Kip.
[email protected]

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Bairdco, I guess time will tell what happens but you are most likely right. Probably watching this site to see what the market is and looking at Ridley and others and will jump in on your back.
Not just China you can't turn your back on.

Steve.