Ideas...

GoldenMotor.com

jrol22

Mar 19, 2010
IL
Alright, so not long ago i stripped down a scooter I had and I'm going to use that engine on a bike.
Now the twist, The bike is actually a 20" "Chopper" Style bike (I should get pics soon..i promise)

The motor is a 50cc 2 stroke motor. Its too big to go in between the frame of the bike. So I'm thinking, How good of an Idea would it be to place the motor on TOP of the rear wheel using a "luggage rack"?

I have already weighed the motor and it weighs less than 30lbs, and the rack can hold up to 55lbs, so i figured there really would not be a problem. Taking by the point that the rack used to belong to one of those Child seats you slap on the rear of the bike.

For this I also need to move the original Crank and Chain to the opposite side so I can use the original rear crank for the motor, but still be able to pedal.

What do you guys think? Would it be worth to go thru all that trouble or not?? Let me know what you think!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I have seen razor type scooters cut down, turned around and mounted to the back of a bike. The scooter wheel runs directly on the bike wheel, and it makes a pretty easy build.