Hello from China

GoldenMotor.com

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
I for one would like to know more about the gearbox in your photo. They have a reputation for very short life. What, if any, specific improvements have been made?

Last edited:

berte

Sep 24, 2009
China
I for one would like to know more about the gearbox in your photo. They have a reputation for very short life. What, if any, specific improvements have been made?
Hi, friend,thank you for your comment!
I do not know about your engine.We just have begun to deal with 4 stroke model since last Oct.if our customer have some damaged parts we can replace in the next time.
now we design the new gear box for 4 stroke engine(49cc)t,it's more stable and has higher power.

Attachments

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
Hi, friend,thank you for your comment!
I do not know about your engine.We just have begun to deal with 4 stroke model since last Oct.if our customer have some damaged parts we can replace in the next time.
now we design the new gear box for 4 stroke engine(49cc)t,it's more stable and has higher power.
I am very interested in more details and if possible photos of your new gearbox. Is it chain drive or gear drive like the old one? When available?

starrunner

May 12, 2008
vintageboatplans.com
HAHAHA, this guy saying he's from China and the first thing he does is post a pic of a JL Hoot, the most notoriously bad gearbox ever made, and you don't suspect it might be a joke? Whether it's a joke or not, I found it at least a little funny or at least ironic.

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
If Bert can provide detailed info on the new GB then he's probably bona fide, Otherwise just another blind vender like Rick Shi et al.

starrunner

May 12, 2008
vintageboatplans.com
Whatever details we need to know on a gearbox, I'm sure we'll hear it here from a dealer or someone else that are in the know. We've already heard about the belt drive one. The Chinamen that appear like this usually just have their sales pitch and don't give any good technical info.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Whatever details we need to know on a gearbox, I'm sure we'll hear it here from a dealer or someone else that are in the know. We've already heard about the belt drive one. The Chinamen that appear like this usually just have their sales pitch and don't give any good technical info.
I for one will reserve judgment and extend a welcome to the new member. If you are willing to listen and are in a position to make these engines and kits, both 2 stroke and 4 stroke, better than they are at present... you have come to the right place. There are many bright minds here who have a love/hate relationship with these kits. When they work we love them. When the quality is so poor that they don't we are less loving. Some of the people here have made improvements to the mounting setups, chain tensioner, ports for intake and exhaust, carburetor and air cleaner modifications. Many of us would be willing to pay a bit more for better quality, but be aware that many here are skeptical and have been burned by poor engines and gear boxes. A nice sales ;itch and claims of being the best are not enough. If you can deliver the goods you'll get the business. If not, well enjoy reading the posts on how good your kits could be. Communications between those of us using the kits and those producing them could be of benefit to all. That said, welcome to the forum.
Silverbear

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
well hello there! welcome from canada! i have a question. in china does everything say made in U.S.A?? lol but on a serious note, on the hoot gearbox how much oil should be in it? i filled mine and it slips so i would like to know the exact amount, thanks,