Bike Build #2

GoldenMotor.com

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
My first Build didn't go so well, the inner clutch spring had loosened up so I had to tighten it up all the way and during the time I was working on the motor off the bike, the bike got stolen o well. Well this is a picture of my second bike but I have to get a new bike now too. Let me tell you the strory, I was riding up over a hill in a park and I did not see untill I was right over it a ditch that was not cut but looked like all the other grass now my frontend is collapsed Looks like I will have to buy another cheep $74 bike at target the same one. I'm in a little bit of pain from the accident my should is hurt a litttle bit but I will be ok.

It ran like a champ better than with a 36tooth sprocket like I had on my first bike, the day before I went on a 56mile ride all over like 4 citys and had a little bit of gas left over. The duel pull brakes was the best thing I have ever bought, Even if I did not have a motor on the bike I would have people go and by them.

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
D**N! You must of gotten pounded hard when you hit that ditch! It takes a lot of force to bend steel like that! Even cheap Chinese steel! Be careful out there!

.bf.

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
it hurt but im still here actually it wasnt that deep. got ahold of the police out where it happened at and they agreed about to poor land scapeing done.

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
I'm going to do some cutting and welding to fix the frame I have some scrap 1"x2.5"x0.25" metal around to beef it up

buzbikebklyn1

Jun 3, 2009
Brooklyn N.Y.
I can help with that... look up Iron Horse bicycles... there cheap and there frames are much stronger.
Im 6'1. 250lbs and my Warrior frame has held up perfectly.
(and its aluminum)
Stronger wheels are were you should look to spend any future money.

Bikedad1

May 12, 2009
East Wenatchee, Wa
I just wanted to second the comment about Iron Horse bikes. I have been riding them for years and they are bullet proof and cheaper than most bikes. My buddy just got a new Iron Horse Warrior for $600 and that is a steal for a dual suspension bike with disc brakes!

.sno.

Bikedad1

May 12, 2009
East Wenatchee, Wa
Yup on my second Iron Horse bike. They have incredible customer service. I had one of their cross country frames and used it like a freeride bike and broke the frame. The frame they gave me for the warranty was about a $1000 upgrade from the last frame(it was actually one of there race team frames). The only other bike company that can touch Iron Horses price and quality is Jamis.

.sno.