What 50 CC 4 Stroke Should I Buy?

GoldenMotor.com

RFPavlik

Apr 20, 2009
HAYMARKET, Virginia
Thanks to Dan, Adam and the Forum, I have decided that the best engine for my needs is a 50 CC 4 Stroke. Is there a good engine out there for less than $400.00? Recommendations please. Thanks.

GranPa

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
49cc Complete Gas Powered Engine Kit - $369.99 Currently on sale for $369.00 and it seems Free Shipping.

If you can expand your budget into the $650.00 range?, the latest thing in frame mount 4-strokes is the EZM 50cc 4-stroke kit with their new Silent Drive Primary Reduction Box. Early indications are that it has solved alot of the problems that have plagued the 4-stroke kits but this new kit is more expensive. Get YOUR EZmotorbike TODAY!

ocscully

Last edited:

adventureluck

Apr 25, 2009
Wilmington, DE
Do not buy Chinese! You every get a happy meal toy? That's what their stuff is made out of. I own a 4 stroke chinese engine I bought for $250 and in repairs alone it's going to cost me another $100 and in life compared to a japanese it's going to cost me another $100 at least. AND, it sounds and runs horrible. No chinese, don't let a single part of your engine, throttle, anything be chinese. Chinese bike is ok just not anything having to do with the engine.

bobdirt

Apr 12, 2009
usa
The ezmotorbike runs everything Chinese except the trany. I have 2 grubee kits with huasheng engines with 10,000 miles on the engines 0 engine problems. For the price the grubee is the best kit the gearbox isn't the quitest and the free wheel key will/does shear but usally due to engaging while the gearbox is turning and at a stop, leave it engaged at all times. Almost $300 more the ez gives you thier trany. The $250 POS you bought is a figure 8 style gearbox known for its noise and quick destruction. A little research would have told you this.

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
A little research didn't tell me this. What now? Don't get chinese! It's crap. So yer pos works it's still a pos! Don't get chinese.
There aren't alot of options when it comes to primary reduction boxes for the 4-stroke motors. To the best of my knowledge there are currently only 3 non chinese boxes The Staton-Inc Box and its adapter to fit the Honda or Clone motor (approx. $300.00+) The EZ Silent Drive (currently not offered outside their complete kit $650.00) or the Fire Belly Cycles new prototype reduction, about to go into its first limited production run ($350.00) Of these three options only the Staton gearbox can currently be purchased seperate from a kit. The Grubee box recommended above is the best middle of the road option out there but it is chinese and it does have its problems /quirks. The Hoot gearbox that you got with your kit is/has the worst reputation for problems and trouble.

ocscully

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
thats why i have a 2-stroke.
if you cant afford a good 4-stroke,dont get the cheap one.
get a 2-stroke to start with and save your money for a good 4-stroke.

frictiondrive

Jun 24, 2008
Fort Worth, Tx.
Are the Huasheng brand engines, Chinese? Are they a Honda clone?
Bobdirt, if you have an engine with 10K miles on it, that would translate out to roughly 400 hours of use @ 25 mph, perhaps even more. 400 plus hours is unheard of with respect to all but a few 2 strokes without a rebuild. That being said, 4 stroke is the way to go in regards to longevity.

Cris

frictiondrive

Jun 24, 2008
Fort Worth, Tx.
I really like the little Honda engines, 49cc is a good size for performance and light weight. Now, if I could just find a 49cc diesel, that would be the direction I'd head in...

Cris

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
I really like the little Honda engines, 49cc is a good size for performance and light weight. Now, if I could just find a 49cc diesel, that would be the direction I'd head in...

Cris
I didn't think it was possible to have such a small diesel engine. I thought they had to have more mass to retain heat, and stuff. They are such high compression. And they have to have injectors and are really picky about bleeding fuel lines... etc. It doesn't sound very fun.

Echotraveler

Aug 25, 2008
arn't diesel motors supposed to be on almost all the time, what mostly damages them is the starting and shuting down sequence?

Bikedad1

May 12, 2009
East Wenatchee, Wa
Echotraveler you are right that is when they take on the most stress but with that said when properly taken care of a diesel will outlast a regular combustion motor by 5 times or more. If we could get little diesels for these bikes it would be awesome because of the torque they produce. Taking off from a standing start would be no problem and going up hills would be much more pleasant but the top end would be less.

.sno.