YellowLite as in CAUTION

GoldenMotor.com

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Ok so its been a long winter and a cold garage that has kept me from building or riding much. The last week or so has got my blood going to get busy again and since I just love my Sick Bike Parts jackshaft kit and just dont care to ride without it my mind is always on it. I was nosing on their site and seen all the gears on there and wrote and asked about them. I was really shocked to see the additions they have done since I had been on there last. So I ordered an extra gear and a few other things from them and started on this. I call it YellowLite why because I think caution is needed when riding small wheeled road bikes with motors on them. But any way this was basically built to test running 3 gears on the freewheel hub up front. So from the basic kit I added a 30 tooth inner gear with the front derailuer derailluer oh heck that thing that changes gears on your crank. So now I have a 30 and a 36 tooth gear feeding the rear wheel and the 44 tooth from the motor that comes with the kit. I just finished it today and rode it for about 3 miles running it through the gears and worked pretty dang good. I expected loosing the chain or something but nothing went wrong with the addition of the gear or the first test run. When running on the 36 it ran like it alwasy did nice and smooth no problems through 1 to 6th. I dropped it down to the 30 tooth the revs came up and I found out right away that I would only need this to climb the hills out of town which I will test tomorrow.
But overall considering I built this bike, ok stripped my baby to build this test bed overnight and the first run of a double gear setup and no failures is the reason Ghost0 and Pablo made us wait so dang long for this kit because they wanted to make sure that we got a good safe kit and that when we started abusing it that we would have less chance for failure. Cant wait to get another kit so I can quit tearing my other bike up....
Terry

Attachments

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
So now what I want to do is change the gearing all together (when I get the cash) I think combos of 48 48 44 or 48 44 36 or 44 48 44 or 44 44 36 where the first number is from the jackshaft to the crank and the other two are from the crank to the rear wheel. If you really want to dream I think it is possible to run four gears using the HD freewheel bearing you only have to have about 3 mm clearance on the front derailuer over the tallest gear. This wont be happening on every bike out there due to space needed but a standard V frame ought to work. My motor is higher than normal due to clearance with the back tire or it could have came down a few more inches. But anyway heres something new to think on.....Later
Terry

Attachments

Last edited:

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Nice, I like it. I bet you can pull stumps with that low of gearing. The frame is definitely not of an optimum design but like Venice said those road bikes do look fast.

Last edited:

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Yea I agree I hate the frame I dont like skinny tires..... I dont even want to ride it soooooo..... the 30 is way to low for other than hill climbing .....theres only one option I hope it works or else.......I'll be back..... in a few hours......wheres my cut off saw.

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
No2 is Alive.....again

Well I told you I couldnt stand the road bike so I gutted it and did some modding to the Moondog that I took everything from and rebuilt it a little. Heres some quick pictures. I still have to wire it and get the exhaust on but not bad for 7 hours work. Has to remove somethings here and add somethings there but overall I think its going to be better than before. Oh yea I still have the front derailuer too.
Terry

Attachments

Rayzor

Feb 14, 2009
Bako, Ca
Re: No2 is Alive.....again

haha i just noticed that the fireballs on your tires are backwards..... pretty sweet bike though, i like the color

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Yea I know I should have turned the bike around I was lacking sleep. BUt I bought the tires on ebay with the HD rim and thats the first thing I noticed that one side was good the other looked stupid. Kinda like when you buy rims for a car...theres no left and right and some patterns look stupid on one side. shrug...

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Oh well Im putting this thread to sleep. I love building and tearing bikes apart in a matter of days DONT YOU???? Oh well Im starting a new thread on the rebuild call NO 2 is ALIVE...ok ok