Another (old) new slow starter

GoldenMotor.com

pedal pusher

Feb 20, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I am new to the forum and probably did the worst thing first at my skill level by buying the cheapest kit I could, and had issues with Gasbike as both the throttle cable and clutch cable arrived broken and not usable. I had to pay for new ones and return the bad ones at my expense to get replacements. Anyway, Gasbike owes me five bucks. I have hung both bikes, Schwinn Sidewinder and WalMart Huffy cruiser on the wall and placed the engine on each. The front motor mount will fit neither as both the gear cables on the mountain bike run on top of the front downtube, otherwise it would work, and the Huffy tube is fat as can be and the mounting studs will not even go around it. I don't think the adapter flange is of any help, and I dread the thought of having to drill through the tube. But I have called out the Calvary and my friend is a great machinist and is coming to help. I looked and studied a lot of the engine and sproket posts and threads and will just have to wait on the help. The engine will be canted on either bike. Does the carbureator have to be completely level when finished? Do the head bolts need to be torqued and to what value? Does the fuel tank need the Kreen liner added as per the terrible Gasbike manual? Thanks to all. I really enjoy the forum.

biken stins

Jul 11, 2008
Welcome to the site. Where there is a will there is a way. For a front engine mount i like to put a flat plate where studs come out then use a U bolt.A chunk of tube where the U goes on tube and tighten.The carb needs to set fairly level. Or it won't get gas. Use longer U bolt on front to get it the way you need. Head bolds 12ft lbs. but some say tighter. It is a good idea to loctite everything and check it out b4 each use. Loctite head bolts. Small nuts and bolts will strip and break. Gastank studs gave me a problem once. Roll some nuts around in the tank breaks any rust loose. Kreen it if you want why not. Some vendors have good instruction on there sites. Try left side start at top. Use the search on the site and most anything is there to be found. were rootin' for you.Make it fun.Good luck !