Any experienced mechanic in Mesa Arizona?

GoldenMotor.com

hansol89

Dec 20, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Hi guys, I bought a direct drive motorized bicycle and I'm getting a little frustrated because I can pedal and go faster on a lighter non motorized bike than on this dumb thing. So I looked into SickBike parts and the website says that a jackshaft kit can fully utilize the rpm of the motor and allow it to go up to 40mph. But sadly I don't have the neccessary tools or the experience to install one. I mean I have a ratchet and wrenchand moat of the tools that I use to maintain my bike but I have no idea where to get that cement thing or a chain breaker or any other necccessary materials such as proper cranks and the handle gear shifter. I'm looking for an experienced mechanic that's willing to do this for a comission or at least show me how it's done and lend me the right tools in person. Don't have a car so I won't have anyway of getting back home once I leave the bike with you so I'll pay for your time and gas if you end up having to travel. I can understand things pretty well so once I see how its done ill be able to build my own shifters. Will probably pay somewhere around 100 to 200 on top of the price for the kit for your hard work.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
A shift kit take lots of upkeep and adjustment to keep it reliable. I would suggest you wait until you have more experience before you tackle a shift kit. What kind of motor do you have?