New Departure hub sprocket adapter ???

GoldenMotor.com

mybike1

Dec 21, 2011
Michigan City, Indiana
Hey guys, I started this build almost four years ago, as time allowed me too, and I'm on the homestretch. I'm hellbent on using my old skiptooth New Departure rear hub and I'm not a fan of the rag type sprocket adapter that my grubee skyhawk kit came with. So, my question is... does anyone make a "sportsman" type or similar hub to sprocket adapter for these old hubs, or will I have to make one myself?
Here's a pic of my project taken a few days ago... I now have all my cables hooked up, re-designed the exhaust and some other little things finished up.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

larry57

Mar 20, 2012
st james ctiy ,fl
ckeck Pirate cycles ,,i just put on an adapter and 36 tooth sprock ,,awesome ,,top quality stuff ,,adapters come in 4 sizes ck them out ,,Pirate cycles ,,i try to deal with most of the time great service ,,shipping ,,,there not real big on ans. the phone ,,lol

turkman

Nov 12, 2009
burbank,ca
OK if it was me and I do sh#@ like this cause I'm just that kind of guy ,the MM type adapters slide side to side for chain alinment so that vintage hub won't cut it ,the adapter work great on a sumono e-110 so maybe lace that sucker in that wheel swap sprockets and zoom zoom. Later Bob

goog

Sep 16, 2012
Ct.
Nice build by the way.You got more patience then Turkman and me.A few rides with salt down on the roads would blend the old and new.Could always convert to sheave too.Good luck what ever and post a picture of what you did.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i had a manic mechanic adapter on a new departure hub. it's been awhile, but i'm pretty sure the adapter for the shimano fit, and then i grinded out a big notch for the oiler.

BUT, i'm not 100% sure which size adapter i had. like i said, it's been awhile.

if you've got the skills, build your own. then that's one more part on the bike you can call your own...

mybike1

Dec 21, 2011
Michigan City, Indiana
I'm almost ashamed to say that I didn't even think about milling out a space for the oiler.... Hmmmm. Good thinkin'.
The adapter is only slightly larger than my hub so maybe a thin wrap of rubber... like a piece of inner tube... would do the trick?