New CNS racing carb Hose Routing.

GoldenMotor.com

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
Hi, iv been running about all day now with the overflow line at the bottom of my carb caped, As well as the vacuum line it normaly connects to caped.

Runs fine! I don't really think you need the overflow line unless you are actualy racing, and then it should go right down to drain overflow from the carb out of the carb, to prevent flooding, keeping the fuel/air mix ideal (well, as tuned anyway), Racers don't care about a little lost fuel if its lowering proformance.

For our usage, We want to save that gas, Throwing it back into the intake isent saving it, its flooding the engine/soaking the intake and making the mixture rich. So I think its better to just cap it. My carb did'nt flood to the point of proformance loss on any of the steep hills I road, Even ended up waiting 20 seconds at a light on a 30 degree hill.

And I think for just crusing, if it did flood, you'd want to just adjust the float insted.

So, the only uncaped line on my carb is the one float bowl vent. Works great for me.

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
So, Anyone tryed this yet? Still running fine for me, And it seems my fuel consumption has gone WAYY down. crused all day at WOT beween hard quick stops and I can't even notice any gas gone. Before it was like it was eating more gas then my truck.

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
CNS has 3 ports on the top.
One goes into the intake before the slide, Another seems connected to a fuel circuit into the bottom of the bowl back to the main jet:confused:... And another is the vent for the bowl.

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
Hmm ok apon rechecking you are right, the final hose seems to go to that little groove in the carb body/bottom, surrounded by a gasket.. It seems to join up with a small hole behind the air cleaner and then go to the top of the main jet?

Idle air circuit as you said?

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
Hmmmm. Intresting. My initial problem was unscrewing that fuel mix screw seemed to do nothing, it ran rich at idle reguardless.. But maybe thats due to my crap (stock CNS squished down for clearance) air filter providing too much vacuum. Adding a 8" hose to that vent insted of caping it allowed the idle screw to start actualy affect idle at 1 1/2 turns like everyone says it should be set around. Guess i'll save final judgement for when I try my giant air filter replacement..

Jan 23, 2010
Tennessee
Hey Folks,
Could someone put up a picture of this carburetor with tags for ports? I've got one of these carbs it came with no directions and am not sure how to hook it up.

I'm guessing the air control is on the left, near the filter and the fuel is to the right of the two ports above it.

I have two longer hoses connected on one end and left open on the other. Is this correct?
One is top back, near the air filter. The other is on the bottom, perhaps a drain.
The port closest to the air screw is capped. Does this all sound correct?

Thanks

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
Doesn't really matter. Use that carb for target practice and order an NT.
Helpful post? (not) This is a real carb that needs a little more ajustment then some simple folks can handle. There are threads here that tell you every thing ya need to know to ajust it fine just do a search and youll find it all. But what ever you do dont shoot at it!! Please!!

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ
This carb is a defective piece of junk that Grubee stuck unsuspecting customers with. Unless you are looking for a new career trying to get it to run right use it for target practice and buy an NT. Why do you think CNS came out with the Gen B carb? It's because no matter what you do to the Gen A it will never run right.

Jan 23, 2010
Tennessee
Thanks, I installed it as is without reading replies to this or other search results. I attached both open ends of tubing downwards loosely to the seat pipe. It ran great! My other bike is a 49cc. This new 66cc with this carb starts quicker, accelerates quicker and seems to go faster. I'm breaking it in and not planning on setting speed records yet (or ever?). However, I was clocked at 32mph. for a short stretch.

If it aint broke, why aren't you out riding it?
r.ly. r.ly. r.ly. r.ly.