Jetpro Pipes: Silence, Increase the Performance for Your Tanaka or other 2 Stroke en

GoldenMotor.com

g1manalo

Oct 23, 2010
san diego ca.
Noise level:
My major gripe with the Tanaka is the sound level. I like the performance, very dependable, pull hard. I have to wear earplugs to make riding more comfortable . With the Jetpro Pipe, the sound coming is as if I was wearing an earplug. More muffled. It also create a lower tone instead of the high pitch sound of a normal 2 stroke. The engine now sound more muscular. Now I actually want to here the sound. I think it’s the high pitch sound that I don’t like. Keep in mind also the some of the sound is coming from the intake, so it is hard to compare it to 4 stroke. At idle its sounds like a four stroke. This is considering that it only has one silencer. I can add another silencer to muffle the sound more.
Perfomance:
Top speed was increased from 34 mph to 38. Hills that I used to do 28, now goes 31. Extreme hill that I can go 12mph, now 14 mph. There is only little bit of torque increase between 4-6k rpm, it comes alive is after about 6.5k to max rpm, feels like there is a turbo.
Quality:
Lifetime Warranty, material used on the pipe itself is heavy gauge. The fittings and attachment used are high quality. Rubber bushings are used to dampen the vibration of the engine, prevent the joints on the pipe from cracking and it is secured very well. Looking at it in person is screams quality. Made in the USA
Looks:
Subjective, but when I opened the box I feel it belongs in museum of modern art. It looks nicer alone than in the bike.
But that’s just my opinion.
Customer Service:
I will highly recomend Dinno at Jetpro.com

Attachments

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Re: Jetpro Pipes: Silence, Increase the Performance for Your Tanaka or other 2 Strok

Hey Gerry, nice info but you should have posted this in the Intake and Exhaust forum below....it'll prolly get moved there for you. Cheers bro.

g1manalo

Oct 23, 2010
san diego ca.
Re: Jetpro Pipes: Silence, Increase the Performance for Your Tanaka or other 2 Strok

Next time I will do that. Thanks Scott

Last edited:

g1manalo

Oct 23, 2010
san diego ca.

Jetpro has a lot of different pipes for two strokes and he can adopt, up to a point, to differnent kits

g1manalo

Oct 23, 2010
san diego ca.

Just talked to Dinno, owner of jetpro,pipe avalable smaller, matte black paint and it can also be routed going under the gas tank.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal

Jetpro pipes are great all around pipes. I have the first prototype (and still have it) back when Dave was the owner of Jetpro in San Jose. I used it during the 2002 San Franciso Hillclimb Challenge and kicked all the Vets butts so I know how good the pipe is. I was lucky because I witnessed the design and dyno the pipe. That's when I relized how brutal dynoing a motor is.
I found out that if you replace the fiberglass packing with a 3M Green scrubbing pad, the db levels will be even lower. Good to hear Jetpro is still kicking out some quality pipes.

g1manalo

Oct 23, 2010
san diego ca.

Just did straight 100 mile long term test on the jetpro pipe. Basicaly, it doesn"t sound like a weedwaker motor anymore. It sounds more like a two stroke dirt bike thats well tuned . .Finally now my Tanaka 40 is quite enough that the wind sound is more louder even at 33- 35 mph, close to WOT. At cruising speed of 27 to 30 there is very little exaust sound but more of a mechanical sound the engine is making. Its a good thing that the Tanaka is such a well balance and precise motor, that there is a nice sound coming from it.
Rode my Subaru Engine and its still more quite but its like listening to a small generator.Or it sound like my gardener is folowing me. Its not bad but there is no sportiness to it.

Can't wait for the 7 Speed Staton Kit. I would imagine that a nice sporty sound going though the gears, and hear a more cruising sound on the final gear.

Last edited:

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

That sounds interesting. How much was yours?
The ones showing on the website http://www.jetpro.com/index.php/go-peds
are $150-200. I understand what the blue rubber dampers do, but what did you mount the muffler to? (case screws, engine mount studs, pull start screws, etc?)

Just talked to Dinno, owner of jetpro,pipe avalable smaller, matte black paint and it can also be routed going under the gas tank.

Last edited:

socialdistortionkid

May 14, 2011
Orange County, CA

I Like jetpro pipes. Also ADA pipes cause i ride gopeds. They make good pipes for increasing power everywhere. Another trick you can do to get more power out of the expansion chamber is to use a x-port but you will have to adjust the mount