my 99cc predator build

GoldenMotor.com

haste

Aug 2, 2009
af
Hello,
decided that a 99cc 4 stroke with AGK quality parts will be way better than building another 2 stroke bicycle or moped..since they always break down on me.

I had thought about building a 48v geared hub ebike, but the speed would only be 30-32 mph top end and only 20 mile range. Im moving out into the country and need something realiable to get me 12 miles into town.

Is this the right track?

I will be using 20" moped wheels, and according to AGK I need gear ratio of 9"1 to go 40mph at 6k rpm with 20" tire. Any idea on what gear sizes i need?

haste

Aug 2, 2009
af
not copying bairdco, but using moped wheels will put me at ease, and will not have to spend tons of money to upgrade to disc brakes, since the moped drums are great. The torque with these smaller wheels will also be insane, and hill climbing will be easy.

Only issue im worried about is width...i know these are not much larger than the 49cc ones however, just with the jackshack not sure on how large it will be sticking out.

haste

Aug 2, 2009
af
engine ordered!

next is decide on what frame.. im thinking vintage prewar stuff since it has the horizontal drop outs. Then run the RST fork that has the 1" steerer for disc brakes up front, and I can run AGK rear sprocket. The horizontal dropouts means no lame tensioner on the rear...

This build wont cost too much, maybe around 5-600 dollars? Im building it over the course of next few months so 200/month isnt bad :) I was going to do ebike racer, but the batteries cost more than this build!

I wanna run the 99cc on its side...any issues with oiling?