Madwagon goes to the Park

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I used to buy bikes just for the parts, those days are gone. Not because they are too expensive even though they are but because they are just not there to buy.

Twenty inch children's bikes i can find. I might begin to think about motorizing them as scooters. Actually that might not be a bad idea. A decent seat with a long extension post. Raise the handlebars up some. A 31cc engine so that there is minimum pedaling.

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
Yeah little kids bikes are the only thing for cheap, are out there but harder to find. And to get them you have to be on clist about 100 times a day. obsessively to beat everyone else out.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
see the bikester thread... also got a nice package in the mail today thanks shoes. Loved the stuffing as well.

by the way there seem to be two different 31cc ryobi engines. The others I had always had 3/8 fine threads./// This one I got today has 5/16 threads. The others also had clutches this one has the adapter instead. The bolens also had the adapter and the 5/16 thread. It is actually a ryobi i'm sure

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
My "zipcycle" Has A 25 Cc Engine. It Has One Of Those 1/2 Cranshaft Type Engines, No Rewind Or Clutch. The End Of The Crank, Sticking Out Of The Flywheel About 1 Inch, Looked Like 5/16 Fine Thread. It Turned Out To Be 8m X 1m Thread. It Has A John Deere Sticker On Motor. Must Have Been For A John Deere String Trimmer. This Is A Factory Built Motor Bicycle. The Web Site Is Still Up, Although They Are Long Out Of Business. It Sold For $1100. New. I Got It For 250 Last Month. It Looks Like A Schwin Cruiser, Coaster Brake, Rear Carrier, Chrome Springer. I Got A Much Nicer Bike Than I Realized . Its The Mercury Model. The M Is Even Cut Into The Crank Sprocket. In Great Condition. Aire Glyde White Walls. Do Any Of You Guys Remember When We Use To Buy Whitewall Paint, And Paint Our Tires ?? :) The Good Old Days ! The Old Days Anyway.talking About Used Bicycle Supply Drying Up, Especially The Last Month Around Here. I Hesitated Last Week And Lost Out. "1971 Raligh Retro 7 Schiwn Cruiser" 7 Speed Shifter, Chrome Frt Springer Very Good Condition. $80. Rite Here In Town.on Craigslist For Almost A Week. But, I Still Don`t Have The Money To Spare. :( Yellow And Black. My Sick Bike Kit And A China Girl, Would Have Been Super. I Will Have A Hard Time To Find Another Like That. I Did Down Load Pic Of It. I Will Post Them . Deacon And Fairracing Have Been Helping Me With The Pic. Ron

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
Whoa I just got back from my Friday Evening ride.
Max Speed 17mph, downhill no pedaling
Average Speed 12mph
Total Distance 5.6 Miles
Time:35 min

PIctures: 3 that came out.

I focused on my area- I'm too scared to go up near the beach again- taht was a harrowing ride last time and I saw the po po as I was on my way home. They slowed waaaaaay down as they passed me.

I got yelled at by some college students because they stopped to let me pass and I didn't see them. I was near the intersection and going to push my bike across, pushed the button and looking at the lights to see when they changed and the truck sped passed and kid hung out the window to yell a few choice words. Meh, whatever.:eek:

I had my first break down, if you can call it that. Engine ran beautifully but eh cable throttle connection slipped apart.luckily for me I didn't loose my helper spring or the little bit that is the connection for the carb. I had my tool kit with me. To put a quick patch on it I folded the throttle cable slipped the little piece of wire that attaches to the carb into the fold and zip tied it into place- it worked phenomenally well, if anything better than the original electrical connector I had been using. I dialed the carb in a little better- I had it running too rich and now it's just about right.

First Pic is Contreau Walkway or as we call it Bum Park- I suppose if you are going to be homeless and you have to sleep on a bench this is place to do it, not too far from the water, slightly secluded and not too far from Stop and Slops dumpsters. I think my flash unnerved the guy on the bench...

Second Pic is Shoe Pond, I thought it was appropriate. It's a man made waterway- concrete bottomed pond made to hold fresh water for some Marine Corp thing. Its pretty and a good place to snag a picnic lunch.

Final Pic is a blurry image of the rear brake light of the MadWagon in front of the main Cummin's center sign and water foutain. I figured I talked about going there enough that I should take a picture of it, I wish the pic came out better.

Attachments

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Picture Of Zipcycle. 25cc Friction Drive. The Glutch Lever Pivots The Whole Engine And Mount With Jack Shaft Off Rear Tire. Release Clutch Lever And Gravity Plus Spring Creates The Friction. They Advertise 19 Mph, Up To 180 Mpg. No Centrifical Clutch. Gas Tank Mounted On Motor, Weed Wacker Style. The Motorcyle Type Tank Is A Glove Box. Comfortableshoes, Your Ride Looks Nice And Clean. Glad Your Enjoying It. ALSO A PICTURE OF MY RACK FRICTION DRIVE SETUP. A MODIFIED COPY OF WHAT EVERYONE IS BUILDING. I BUY 1/4" ALUMINUM SHEET ENDS FROM SHEET METAL SHOP. THEY BEND IT FOR ME AND I DO THE DRILLING. THE CHEAPEST SET UP I COULD COME UP WITH. USING THE 78 MM CLUTCH AND THE BELL HOUSING. I HAVE SOME WACKER MOTORS COMING. WILL TRY TO RIG THEM LIKE YOU ALL ARE DOING.

Attachments