Morini Wiring Question

GoldenMotor.com

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
Hey gang, just had a quick question about rigging up my kill switch for my S6s. Im running a standard twist grip throttle from a china girl.

Ive got the CDI and coil hooked up fine, just wondering if this loose black wire is in fact to be wired to the kill switch? Also is it necessary I ground anything to the frame?

I found this thread but it doesn't mention the solid black wire ( usually stands for ground on a vehicle).

http://motorbicycling.com/f47/how-wire-up-morini-19360.html

Thanks in advance

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Yep that is your kill switch wire. Nothing is necessary to ground to the frame. If the paint on the bike frame from witch the motor is mounted just happens to be insulating the motor from the frame ''electricity conductivity wise''. Then you will need to ground that wire back to the engine block to kill the motor.

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
Yep that is your kill switch wire. Nothing is necessary to ground to the frame. If the paint on the bike frame from witch the motor is mounted just happens to be insulating the motor from the frame ''electricity conductivity wise''. Then you will need to ground that wire back to the engine block to kill the motor.
Thanks goat herder for "looking over my shoulder" on this build, youve been beyond helpful. I believe the paint probably is insulating so Im just gonna run the black to on of the kill button wires then run the other directly to a shiny bolt on my engine.