Schin Delmar heavy duty axle kit

GoldenMotor.com

Cobrarul69

Jun 4, 2011
Chicago
I am currently working on my second Mb build(Schwinn Delmar). So far the only problems I am facing is brakes. First off the coaster brakes suck!!!I am on my second axle and it is now basically ruined after a week of usage(Never use the coaster really)
Im looking into buying one of these
motor motorized engine bike kit 36T sprocket axle | eBay
Hopefully this would solve my problem the thing is the delmar is a single gear bike and for now I wanna keep it that way so I was wondering(after doing some searching) if it would be possible to use a Bmx freewheel gear instead of a multi-speed cassette. The second part of the problem is stopping. Right now I was running front side pull brakes but these squeak and don't really do any thing I am installing a springer fork and am going to try to wield some disc brake caliper mounts. Has any one ever done this before? if yes some feed back would be appreciated. Hopefully then Id be ably to then install some disk brakes.

Any HELP would be appreciated Cobra:-||

microbore

Oct 5, 2009
Mass
... and am going to try to wield some disc brake caliper mounts. Has any one ever done this before?
Attached is a photo of a brake mount I made from 3/16" steel welded to the fork of a Schwinn Del-Mar. I have also attached a drawing of the front disc mounting standard.

I made a jig to install this, but you could mount the plate to the caliper, clamp the caliper to the rotor by adjusting the pads inward, and mount the wheel on the fork to position it.

Attachments