Interesting motor

GoldenMotor.com

mirage

Oct 31, 2010
england
WOW! that is the best idea i have seen so far, uses bike gears, no wide pedals needed, powerful. But it looks like a 2 stroke, or have i missed something, i bet it was noisy though. now we need someone to copy it.
ps. did you guys note that the solex engine bikes are coming to the uk. I will try to find the website if your interested.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
WOW! that is the best idea i have seen so far, uses bike gears, no wide pedals needed, powerful. But it looks like a 2 stroke, or have i missed something, i bet it was noisy though. now we need someone to copy it.
ps. did you guys note that the solex engine bikes are coming to the uk. I will try to find the website if your interested.
Copy it???? Thats funny.....
Someone should get CE on it right away!

the Bugatti revue, 12-1, Bugatti T72 fact sheet and photos

The collector Patrick Arnaud visited told him some pieces of history that he has not verified: only seven T.72 engines were made, this is the n° three (verified). He knows two other T.72 in USA, property of the same collector (the same who sent me the photographs and Fact sheet!), member of the American Bugatti Club. One of these two engines is ex-Marc Nicolosi, the well-known French Bugatti collector. These engines are incredibly in advance for the time they were created, the technique is typically Bugatti but miniaturized ! It was a great pleasure to see this engine and touch it !
The smallest Bugatti, measures only 12.66 cc. recently photographed in France, the one prototype built in 1944. Dimensions are 24 x 28, plus supercharger and gear driven overhead valve gear. It was capable of 10,000 RPM. The detail pictures below speak for themselves, really a very fine piece of engineering!

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
The Bugatti family were artists. They made many beautiful things. Ettore made beautiful, fast motorcars. And (one of) his brother(s) made really cool furniture. And there was a bunch of other stuff they made also. I was at a museum exhibit once, years ago, entirely devoted to the Bugattis. Everything was something the family made. So many wonderful things, and marvelous toys. And at the end they had what was once the World's largest production car, and one of the fastest, the Bugatti Royal. It was SO HUGE! And looked fantastic. It was luxury incarnate.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
another chinese motor on ebay...

this guy is making whizzer knockoffs anybody have any experience or details on this engine?

138cc Engine Assembly will fit Whizzer motorbikes | eBay

still pondering a project, I want something with a little more kick than the grubee and a more vintage look.

where can you even get whizzer motors these days here in the USA?
Be careful about buying this engine, I was talking to Helmutt Cycles last week some time and he mentioned that one of these ebayer's quite possibly was the last manufacturer that Whizzer USA was using to have their engines produced. They had problems with the electrical system on these engines or something like that!

Quenton Guenther or Helmutt ( Kramer ) Cycles, what say you about this ebay guy and his knock off Whizzer engine!

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
another chinese motor on ebay...

this guy is making whizzer knockoffs anybody have any experience or details on this engine?

138cc Engine Assembly will fit Whizzer motorbikes | eBay

still pondering a project, I want something with a little more kick than the grubee and a more vintage look.

where can you even get whizzer motors these days here in the USA?
I just saw the price on this beast too. For what you pay, you'd have a right to expect something a little less problematic. You figure in the shipping there, and the taxes if any, heck I would just save back another hundred or two and get a Morini.

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
tomdallas, for more vintage look you should use a real vintage engine !
take a look at the 98er sachs engine, they where build from 1932 to the early 1950's, these engines where built into many bikes of this era in europe.
they are often to found on ebay for less money, spare parts are easy to find and available too.
I can't use them, because then i build a motorbike and not a motorized bike. that's forbidden in germany....:-||

Attachments