Honda GX35 Problem

GoldenMotor.com

ankitsingh

Mar 22, 2011
Delhi
i am working on supermileage vehicle project. And it is equivalent to a motorized bicycle with an only difference that i have modified my engine (Honda GX 35).
Though it includes a pull rope mechanism to start , i am also trying to put a 45t M.S. Gear on its flywheel to make it self start.
As the starting torque is not provided in engine's manual, i want to know what kinda motor i should use to make it self start engine. i want to know the specifications of the motor that can easily start it.
plz help if u can!
thank you

wdbtchr

Jan 31, 2008
Juneau, Ak
Couple options that I was looking at.....The HF 49cc engine uses an add on starter generator that COULD be adapted some how Also, the Lifan 49cc horizontal atv engines use a chain drive with an overrunning clutch. Both would add some width, and require some parts machined, but would work quite nicely I think.

Erich_870

Dec 4, 2009
Alaska
That's an interesting question. I wonder if you can rig up a test with the pull start to quantify the minimum amount of power and duration needed to start the engine and use it to guide your starter motor search. That or just buy a couple cheap RC Car motors and try them out. :)

I'd have to dig out my physic and dynamic books to see how to test your motor in a way that will give you the correct units to compare with electric motors.

Are you planning to duplicate a car starter system where it is only engaged while your trying to start the motor?

Erich