oil injected carb

GoldenMotor.com

sparrow69

May 12, 2010
Detroit
Hi all, I'm working on my first build, and I'm trying to do everything right, So I'll be posting pictures soon, however in gathering the parts before the build I'm just trying to figure some things out. I'm going with a 80cc (66cc) China Girl Engine, and I'm wondering if its possible to put an oil injected carb on it, as opposed to a premixed fuel. My Aprilia 50 has a separate oil tank and fuel tank, and so did my yamaha sport 50 moped, and I want to put two separate tanks on my motorbike.

If so, does anyone have any info on which ones? Also, does anyone have any info on this being done before? a walk through maybe? advice? Thanks!

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Problem is with oil injection is you'll need to figure out a way to drive the pump. Every injected engine I've seen has a little pump that runs off the crankshaft.

sparrow69

May 12, 2010
Detroit
what do you guys think about this....
if the fuel ratio is say 50 to 1, could I not use 3 tanks.... a feul tank, and oil tank and a mix tank... my thought would be to put fuel in one tank, with a fuel line going to the mix tank, and oil in the other tank with a scaled down fuel line (smaller feed) running to the mix tank, and then having the fuel line running from the mix tank to the carb.
Since its a gravity feed fuel system, would this work?

If not, what about something like using a wayne liquid pump with scaled down lines powered by the chain to act as a pump?

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
I personally wouldn't bother. The risk of a homebuilt system not injecting enough oil or failing prematurely is not worth the risk. My car's rotary engine has an electronic oil injection. When it fails, you won't know until you start having major problems such as loss of engine compression. That's why I add oil to the gas tank at 100:1 in my RX7 as a precaution. If you don't mind blowing an engine and want to do this purely for the thrill of making a unique injection system, then go ahead and have fun. I love to tinker and it sounds like you do too!

How I premix for my HT engine:

Premixing fuel is not hard. Here is what I use for my fuel premix. I only mix one gallon at a time using an empty windshield washer plastic container (or empty glow engine fuel container-they are the same).
Yes, the containers are perfectly safe to use; I've been using them to store gasoline for past 8 years w/ no problems. They are the same containers used for model airplane glow fuel.
I have 2-3 gallon containers prefilled with 5 oz of my oil blend. When I need extra gas, I just top off a container with a gallon of fuel and shake the bottle to get a good mix. I store out of sunlight and its good to go! I have a separate 5 gallon fuel container that I use to fill my 2 stroke fuel storage (gallon size) containers.

No mess, no hassle, and it works. If stored out in hot sun, the container will swell a little but never had a problem with one bursting and will vent when cap is opened slowly. When I go camping, I usually take a gallon or two with me and store it in the back of my SUV. In hot sun w/ windows up, never had a problem with leakage or spillage. Just wanted to point out my safety experience with this method before the safety zealots chime in here.

Last edited:

sparrow69

May 12, 2010
Detroit
My thought was simply to have something different and unique that took time and ingenuity to do. With the price of china girl engines on ebay, everyone and their mother has one, but I've yet to see one thats oil ejected. I do plan on using opti-2 oil, which i hear runs well at 100:1 so i may just carry a small bottle in my tool bag in case im ever out and about and run low on fuel.
I'd love to hear if anyone else has any thoughts or ideas, I'm gonna think on this one further, and if i undertake this process, I'll be sure to document it.