new build

GoldenMotor.com

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
The extended wh base and lower loope look good,,,,I have some concern about the short head tube pipe spacing ,thinking a rap around the front gusset tied back to the top and down tube may add a safty factor,that would leave the tank intact,just me thinking
still it looks great!

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
The extended wh base and lower loope look good,,,,I have some concern about the short head tube pipe spacing ,thinking a rap around the front gusset tied back to the top and down tube may add a safty factor,that would leave the tank intact,just me thinking
still it looks great!
That might not be such a bad idea, there. Goodness knows, it's a high-stress area, and subject to some pounding and flexing, even with the springer fork on there.

dash

May 30, 2010
phoenix
i to am a bit concerned with the head tube, this is how the story goes my brother buys a huffy and tells me build him a bike,i jig up the frame tack it all together,fab up the tank weld it all up and then he comes over with the springer forks that are not made for a 1 1/8" head tube and that's what i needed so i had to cut up the original forks add some height and make it work, between the tool throwing ,swearing and consuming a bit too much beer, i managed to stretch the neck a 1/4 " too long, SO i might have to do something else but i will make it right,you can only learn from mistakes so its a lesson well learned as far as the color goes the frame will go all satin black and the tank will be a satin gray with a satin clear over every thing,that's not my call but i can say it should be nice,if were my bike it would be the general lee on to wheels! over all this bike came out straight as an arrow me and my buddy spent a lot of cash and time on a monster jig which really speeds things up and produces a sweet frame. we are working on a different bike as well that is a bit more period correct and is the best build yet, i will try to post pics tomorrow ,if not my buddy should start his own thread soon, its his layout, his blood, sweat, and cash so he definitely deserves the credit

K-dregg

Apr 20, 2010
Sweden
Thats a nice looking build.. Maybe if you shortened the looped bar where it conects to the headtube? That would pull the rake in a bit and even the distribution of force in that area? Plus it would increase the headtube spacing.. Just a thought

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Just observing out loud,,,, I checked w/my high tec. piece of card stock striait edge and a marking pen on a blown up pic trying to take it the bike being at a slite angle ,and it looks like the steering is very close to bicycle set up irght now,,the drop line on the front wheel is about 3 inches behind the head tube angle extended to the ground,,its close to regular bike control now except for extra long

dash

May 30, 2010
phoenix
i am not to worried about any thing breaking all the joints are copped perfectly as well as the bottom bracket witch will give a good bite for the weld i might redo the head tube because the welds are a little sloppy and this way i can take some rake out and shorten the length a little, what engine is that? looks like a pit bike engine dose it have a transmission? has any one put one on a bike? i wouldn't mind a really old Brigg's but people want way to much for them. i think the best engine i have seen is the Honda used on the Dixie flyer that is true beauty

dash

May 30, 2010
phoenix
i got my seat and fender mounted and got to peadel it around a little,rides better than i thought it looks cool when you see it going with someone on it

Attachments