SBP Shift Kit

GoldenMotor.com

Fuji Moto

Jan 17, 2010
Canada
Just got the new style shift kit installed and combined with the pipe it is awesome, I hit at least 45 mph with it. I have it on a bike with a 9 speed sram X9 shifter and derailer and it works perfectly in every gear

Last edited:

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Are you sure the play is in the freewheel?
If your bottom bracket bearings are loose or bad you will get slop in the front chainring.
If you grab the left side pedal crank arm and push and pull it toward the opposite side of the bike you will be able to tell if the bottom bracket has too much play.
I don't know if you have cartridge type or cup and cone bearings down there.
A little freewheel play is normal but too much play makes that jackshaft chain get really loose when you peddle hard.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
The HD freewheel has more play in it than the standard one due to its single bearing design. Just keep an eye on it. If it gets excessive we can rebuild it or replace it.

Fuji Moto

Jan 17, 2010
Canada
Maybe not 45, not too sure on top speed actually, and the play is definitely in the freewheel, but the freewheel is actually holding up great I have been keeping an eye on it there is not as much play as i thought, great part, and the bottom bracket is rock solid too , the whole thing has been working perfectly