Smokey

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
While reading a news article this morning I noticed a smokey bear poster ad to the side and it caught my attention. It is the first picture below where he's standing upright holding a shovel and wearing pants.

You know, bears do get around. They like to go for long walks and sometimes visit parks and campgrounds for luncheon dates... just the kind of place where one is likely to see a smokey bear poster. It made me wonder what they think when they see one. I mean, how are they supposed to make sense of them? (Assuming they neither speak nor read English). Does it bring them a lot of anxiety? Wistful thinking if only they could be somebody special like Smokey? Do they have smokey bear poster dreams when they should be hibernating peacefully? What kind of damage are we doing to baby bears trying to find their way in this modern world? I'm going to give this long thought, maybe form a committee of concerned humans. Bears are people too, you know. Well, some of them are.
Silverbear

Attachments

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I just hope that none of them ever spot a Care Bear.........it would probably torque them off royally!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I just hope that none of them ever spot a Care Bear.........it would probably torque them off royally!
AHHAAAHAA! That was great.

We just had a bear cub story on this mornings local TV news, he went to a local lake and went swimming and was swimming up to and getting in peoples boats.

He was only the size of big fat dog and pretty docile, kind of like a black care bear, but after repeated attempts to move him and him coming back they took him to the other side (Utah side) of the Grand Canyon and set him free.