24 Inch Stingray?

GoldenMotor.com

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Does anyone know if Schwinn made a 24 in. Stingray? Ya know with the springer front end /with drum brake bannana seat ect? I want to motorize one
and riide it forever. My love for my Orange Krate has never faded away. I would be Very greatfull if anyone knows.(c)

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Couldn't find anything to that effect...I do know there is a (new) Stingray type bike that is 24" I saw it at the Linesville, Pa. bike shop.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I think old sting rays are only 20"...
With a little imagination, you could make a 24" cruiser look like a old sting ray!
I've seen 24" springer forks & everything else on ebay...
Post some pics of it when you build it! (^)

Does anyone know if chengines fit in 24's? :confused:

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I put a china engine in a 24 inch schwinn it was a girly bike but I made a top bar so it should do even better with just one lower bar to contend with. go to my blog the last image is the 24 inch bike with a motor.

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
The Building of the Alien-Ray

Read this over might help attack the 24 inch stingray. I was going to build one but got carried away on other projects. I would say the motor should fit fine in one I have seen schwinn fastbacks with motors mounted on them on ebay for sale.
I think a big size sting ray is damn cool looking. The 24 inch frame is about right for a good copy using the 26 inch springer and 20 inch wheel. I grabbed a pic to look at. The only thing I wouldnt do is use a 3 speed rear wheel I would go with a 5 speed and a big shifter and and........
later Terry

Attachments

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
The Building of the Alien-Ray

Read this over might help attack the 24 inch stingray. I was going to build one but got carried away on other projects. I would say the motor should fit fine in one I have seen schwinn fastbacks with motors mounted on them on ebay for sale.
I think a big size sting ray is damn cool looking. The 24 inch frame is about right for a good copy using the 26 inch springer and 20 inch wheel. I grabbed a pic to look at. The only thing I wouldnt do is use a 3 speed rear wheel I would go with a 5 speed and a big shifter and and........
later Terry
That 24" Sting Ray does look cool, doesn't it? (^)

tnjen

Jul 31, 2008
Hi guys, it looks like I have invaded the all boys club, I am female.I just bought a motorized bike in Pittsburgh, Pa. My boyfriend and I are wanting to make it a motor/10speed hybrid. It is a 24" cruiser, is there a 10 speed setup I can use to do this project?