Perhaps a board for Vintage Builders ?

GoldenMotor.com

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
I discuss the idea of vintage at a couple other places and those there think that was all over
back in the late 70's with beach cruisers and baloon tires. Often I'm told that there are a few
die hard Vintage enthausist but you could count them on one hand.

It doesn't seem that way to me at all.

Would it make sense to have a board dedicated to those who want to build replicas of early
1900's motorcycles and board tracker's.

In the past I've mentioned to some of the vendors how it would be nice if someone in China
could build these new generation of Russian motors to look like the old original Russian motor
instead of a 60's squared off Japanese bike motors. Otherwise we'll be swapping tips as to how
to modify the looks of these China motors and make them look old.

I'm just advancing this thought as I don't know if any other motorized bicycle forums out there
really address this.

Any thoughts ?

eDJ

datz510

May 9, 2008
Mesa, AZ
Yes!!! This is a fantastic idea. board trackers and vintage-esque bikes. There are a lot of folks building vintage looking bikes.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Ah a self contained emotor and power supply in a sidecar. What a stealthy idea. now if that blue tooth throttle gets made you are talking hidden motor bike.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Deacon--What is a blue tooth throttle?
The plan is looking more like a Workman frame with front and rear drum brakes and the motor on the side car wheel.Don't now if that will set up a side steer/torque problem.
All wheels are suposed to have a brake on them here but I'm hoping the hub motor will look like a drum brake and they will leave it alone.
The motor to jack shaft to side car wheel might work also,plus all that battery room!
Steve.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
The new mit motor is supposed to have a blue tooth wireless throttle. It is just held on with velcro.

I was thinking pusher motor and wheel under the sidecar like an ice cream motor cycle from the forties. As a matter of fact the last two I bought came with a brake. It was a scooter brake but a brake none the less.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Deacon--Any further word on the motor you mentioned?Any idea when it may be available?
The scooter wheel idea is great.Will try to get in touch with Workman tomorrow and get the plan in motion.
Steve.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I have not heard any more about it but.... when I first heard of the lithium polymer battery it was announced then about three months later the battery started showing up in china. It has to do with their disregard for patients there.

I have no idea about this motor but I wouldn't be surprised to see a Chinese version later this year. I don't have the link anymore but I think this is it Green wheel turns pedal bike into electric hog - Discovery.com - MSNBC.com

sorry about hijacking the thread.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
As to the vintage idea- seems like there are many, many people building in that style.....seems I've seen a vintage build somewhere....where would that be...oh yeah! In my sig.

Seems like a good idea to me.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Deacon--Thanks.That was the site.
Want to bet if the hub hits the market it will be a little more than the $200 that was mentioned.
Was going to mention to Pops that we should start an E-bike gang.
We could call it MOMS ANGELS
Steve.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Deacon--Thanks.That was the site.
Want to bet if the hub hits the market it will be a little more than the $200 that was mentioned.
Was going to mention to Pops that we should start an E-bike gang.
We could call it MOMS ANGELS
Steve.
Or baby angels lol