my bike

GoldenMotor.com

sojudave

Oct 18, 2008
austin tx
Very cool... It looks just like my 1950 Schwinn did before I "Bomberized" it! (^)
Be careful riding it, (those forks don't handle very well)
yeah they are bouncy. The thing I do like about them is that, once you get going, the bike is more stable, because the front wheel is kicked out. At slow speeds, it handles like ****, because the bottom part of the forks are basically parallel to the ground and it's hard to turn.

sojudave

Oct 18, 2008
austin tx
It doesn't handle because the rake/trail is not correct...this causes a 'flip-flop' effect...it is general rule to have between 2-4inches of trail for best handling..For those who have no idea how to measure this here's a diagram-->

Plane dangerous if you have the front end geometry incorrect IMHO...
yeah. I'll probably go with a non lowrider springer fork next time. Don't know if I can afford the fancy dual spring forks I saw around here. I'm not sure what to do about handlebars for my next proj. I like these apes and they are actually comfortable. I might make a nod to Venice Boy's "bomber" but use a tank off of a sportster and use a 4-stroke kit frame mount kit.

bigben77

Jul 2, 2008
Edmonds, WA
I was SO going to put on a lowrider springer fork on my ride. But for safe commuting I'll stick to a normal springer. Or one of those double spring forks, they look so dang good on a MB.

I have some ideas for my next cruiser that will use a leaf spring front end, but that is some custom work that is just a lil bit out of my price range at the moment. I also want to stretch my Schwinn Jaguar frame by about 4 inches and tilt the upper portion of the seat post back about 3 inches as well... I can go on and on.

sojudave

Oct 18, 2008
austin tx
I was SO going to put on a lowrider springer fork on my ride. But for safe commuting I'll stick to a normal springer. Or one of those double spring forks, they look so dang good on a MB.

I have some ideas for my next cruiser that will use a leaf spring front end, but that is some custom work that is just a lil bit out of my price range at the moment. I also want to stretch my Schwinn Jaguar frame by about 4 inches and tilt the upper portion of the seat post back about 3 inches as well... I can go on and on.
I've seen some custom motorcycles with that type of suspension Looked real sweet. You might be able to find some off an old trailer, but it'd still require some serious work to make it fit. I'm going to tractor supply co. tomorrow to get some chain for my engine. Can't wait.