Salutations

GoldenMotor.com

Gangrell

Nov 18, 2009
Wyoming, US
I'm new and stopping in to say hi! I have led a sheltered life in regards to tools and creativity. always in the garage as a shop monkey but never was shown how or why. Well I'm an adult now and tired of staring lovingly at all the projects that I see online, and in books or magazines. One of the projects that I am hopping to be able to do in a few years is a custom designed recumbent bike. One that can be switched out from a crank and go system, to either a fuel based engine or better yet a steam boiler system (I can dream right?)

I live in southern Wyoming, but I never felt that the town was honestly large enough to own a car. 30 - 40 min drive across town max, Maybe in traffic. and everything is located on two thirds of one side of town.

.xx.
With my most recent auto problems rendering my car totaled, I remembered my old bike in the shed, but it needs some work. So looking in to alternate options A friend suggested this forum to me. I have to admit the cost of a simple build would be cheaper by far then any vehicle. What with fuel costs, and Insurance, and maintaining the dang thing. The only advantage I can see would be protection from the harsh winds and frigid winter season we have here.

So there you have it, and here I am!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. Your steam powered concept is not so far out. We have members who want to put wings on a bike and fly it. Hang in there and keep us informed of what you build. If I can make a suggestion; start simple. Install a motor on a bike like most of us have done, ride it and enjoy it then turn your attentions to wilder ideas. Keep us informed of your progress.
Tom

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. I'd use any motor assist available to help with the Wyoming winds.
In AZ, no insurance is required (under 48cc) so it really saves money.