New Soldering Tool for my Keychain

GoldenMotor.com

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
I picked up this decent butane lighter at Walmart last week for $4. It's refillable, and comes with a decent amount of extra butane in a separate container (WHAT A DEAL!). It is surprisingly well made for such a low price. It makes a good keychain-fob, and has already paid for itself a few times over. I don't smoke, but a man ain't a man if he can't summon the God of Fire whenever he wants. It's probably designed for cooking crack-rocks, but it's hot enough to be an excellent brazer for solder on our magnitos and for soldering/desoldering carb-jets. I even used it yesterday to loosen a bolt on my disk-brake caliper. The ability to point the flame in the direction it's needed is perfect for this application. It's actually handy enough that I'll probably solder my mag-wires to the CDI/cutoff switch now; I have only used the pressure-connections up 'til now cuz i wanted the ability to easily disconnect, having this on hand makes soldering a breeze. Unfortunately, I threw out the packaging, so I'm not sure of the brand-name, but I suspect it's a standard Walmart check-out impulse-buy; it was at all the cash registers.