Greeting from ontario

GoldenMotor.com

kennuck

May 27, 2012
canada
Greeting from Ontario,Canada

I've just finished my first mtrbk.
I know it is illegal in Ontario to ride it on the road , Is anyone ever ride it and have problem with police or authority in Ontario?
And I got a bit of noise problem, with my muffler , wondering someone will share how to damp the muffler.

Attachments

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
Nice ride Kennuck. You must have moved that filler hole on the tank, very cool. My frame is similar but I mounted my tank on the top bar and I don't have the nice forks like you do. In Vancouver it's legal to ride anywhere although as the popularity increases I suspect the govt will step in to kill the joy.

kennuck

May 27, 2012
canada
Thanks Dan and Chaz,
Dan ,I do mountain bike every weekend (burn fat not Gas) LOL! but motorbike just hobby .
Chaz, I will try to ride it anyway and see what happen.The forks I salvage from my 10 yearsold supercycle MTB.

kennuck

May 27, 2012
canada
Thanks Killercanuck for the links, it is useful.
The tank mod?
here's what I did, cut it(carefully) with dremel so the filler pipe still attached, cut new opening with scissors, put tuna can lid to cover old opening and solder it with plumber solder, grind it a bit and repainted.
I knock some part of the tank to fit the frame, and remove the bottom attached screws. I glue it to the frame.

Attachments

whelan wheels

Jan 9, 2009
sudbury,ontario,canada
Hello there ken and welome to the fourm. Was just wondering where in ontario
are you located at? I also live in ontario and I live in sudbury. Looks like an interesting solution to mounting the peanut tank in between the two upper frame tubes.

xct2 cflg

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Welcome to the forum from Colorado. That is definitely a different approach for an inframe tank. Looks good... take care. :)

kennuck

May 27, 2012
canada
Hi whellan whells I live in Capital Ottawa, thanks.
Your welcome killercanuck.
Thanks F_rod81.

Here is my update,(attachments) next step to remove chain tensioner and cut some chain, and make custom leather seat.

Attachments