Fun biking time

GoldenMotor.com

xravnos

Apr 11, 2014
Miami
Hey all, been lurking a while and got some great advice and tips here, just started my first motor bicycle build. I like tinkering and it's a nice project at a 4th the price of playing with motorcycles haha. I have a interesting background as i'm a Industrial designer turned Harley Davidson technician... been playing around with design and motors in all types for a while. Recently got sent to Milwaukee for some training and had a chance to visit the Harley Davidson museum and left with the bug to build me a vintage motorbike. found some info and this site and having fun with this little china girl 2strokes, a bit different from the big twins i'm used to messing with.

Anyways my stage one is done, going to for that board tracker look. then a sidecar for my daughter to share in my fun.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Welcome to the forum. Post more pictures, if you will. Yeah, these aren't exactly Harleys for sure. Your daughter will love sharing the ride with you. I made my sidecar from an aluminum canoe. Fun!
SB

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. Good lookin cruiser. To me, much of the appeal of these pedal start, motorized bicycles is that they provide us a similar experience to riding a 1909 Harley or contemporary.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your first build but be aware that motorized bicycles are addictive. There'll be another project in your future. No doubt.
I'll second the warning about checking the security of the rear fender mounting.
Have fun and ride safe.

Tom

xravnos

Apr 11, 2014
Miami
Thanks all, yeah I see it can be addictive I'm already planning my next build and I'm not done with this one lol.

Yes I've read about the fender tabs breaking, it's on my list of priority to get thicker brackets for them along with mounting the front fender.

One of the main reasons why I picked this bike was the good price and root beer paint I liked. Will be making a copper tracker style tank for the fuel and a faux oil tank for electronics. And then giving the engine a copper paint treatment, leather straps, and copper hose lines, all that cool old looking stuff almost half steam punk half vintage boardtracker.

But we'll see my styling ideas almost want to build 3 different bikes let's see how build this one.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL, 3 is the seemingly magic number. The one your ridding. The one your building and the one your planning.

#4 gets all the really cool parts.

Really great to hear/read you're taking care of the fender. Is not fun to have a wheel lock up solid at full speed. Can really, really hurt. (Don't ask me how I know)

xravnos

Apr 11, 2014
Miami
Thanks, yeah enjoying the build and riding. Starting to really get intrested in playing with the motor. Been reading a lot of amazing work foureasy's and others have done, and the motor work tweaking is up my alley. I'm not a pro by any means and don't have access to much machining equipment. But I have friends that do. I'm doing more research, but may end up pulling my crank, balancing\truing, and welding it then fitting a puch athena head and cyclinder...or maybe case induct it... just curious as to what it can do before I go on to the sidecar fabrication lol.