Curb jumping? Can it hold up?

GoldenMotor.com

Shadow dragon

Dec 13, 2012
New mexico
I just ordered a grubee skyhawk 2012 GT5 66cc slant head kit from kingsmotorbikes.com and I plan to mount it on my roadmaster bike. I know I probably won't be biking on the sidewalks much if any after its mounted and running, but I tend to jump off curbs and small ledges less than a foot high when theres no ramp. Can I do that after installation or will it damage the motor or mounts? If I have to walk it off so be it. I don't want to try it just to have the motor fall out. Any tips and advice for the build would be greatly appreciated. This is my first build and I'm a little nervous. I don't want to mess it up.
.duh. I don't want to be this guy!

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I would say that the motor can handle it, but I would be more worried about the frame. The engine does vibrate. If properly mounted, under normal circumstances the frame should do fine, but adding the force of curb jumping to the vibration of the engine could stress the frame more than it can handle. I would caution against it. Even if someone else says its probably ok, better safe than sorry, right?