Why I worry abour drivers on the road.

GoldenMotor.com

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
In a high school, on the 2nd floor, was able to knock out the entire classroom as well as the ones directly above and below on the 1st and 3rd floors.

In a supermarket, or other public place, if you can hear 'em yapping, you can knock 'em out.

I have always used and recommended the SKU #4355.
I don't know the specifics about the SKU # 47175, although it looks exactly the same.

Last edited:

u2seek42

Aug 1, 2010
US
So half of them are on the phone... the other half are drunk/ drugged / sleepy.
Why worry you never get out of life alive.

I myself, mounted an orange box on the back marked **BIO- HAZARD**
Amazing the wide berth I'm given!

I guess the thing that bothers me most, is that they will kill me, and I will leave so little a dent ;-]

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Hmm.... I'd love to be a moving 'dead zone', but then I'd be more worried about them staring in confusion at thier phones as they went out than paying attention to the road.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Wow, this is great! Definitely gonna buy one. When my family goes on vacation, i can cut everybody from being on their phones. lol School teachers and administrators would love these!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I've fantasized for years about having something in my car that I could not just interrupt cell phone signals, but burn the things up completely. Pass one of those idiots, press a button and see smoke coming from his/her phone.. But, alas, then the FCC would be looking for me like they did back in the old CB days and people running high wattage amps. Hey, maybe something like 400watt amp through an old CB? Hmmmm? They were notorious for throwing out a very 'dirty' signal. I had a guy yell at me at a stop light saying my CB transmission was coming through his car radio, and his radio wasn't even turned on.

I remember one night I was parked in front of a drug store while my wife ran in for something. I was talking on my CB, (250 watt amp) and she came running out saying she could hear every word I was saying over the store's PA system. Might work on a cell phone. :)
Tom

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
On the first generation of cars with transistored ignition VW comes to mind, you could key the mike on the old CB and shut them down dead in the water. Don't you love the sound of a 400watt linear booster when you key the mike?
ZINGZINGZING
buzzard

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Remember the 'A' channels? In the olde days, many RC devices operated on those frequencies, cars, boats, planes, even garage door openers.
Going to the local park when these devices were in operation and keying down your mule proved to provide much entertainment on a Saturday afternoon.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Tom,
A while ago my buddy in TN. was on his CB outside Wal-Mart and his wife came out and said your on the PA system.
Dave being unable to turn down an opportunity started to announce Blue Light Specials like it was K-Mart. He said he had to shut up because the parking lot was full of Wal-Mart people looking for him but it is a stop at least once a month for a while until he has at least a half dozen people patroling the lot..

Steve.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
LOL, Years ago I worked for a company that used VHF radios in their company cars. Quite by accident I found out that if I drove passed this certain house and keyed my mike, the garage door would open. Every day I'd make it point to drive passed and 'open' the guy's door for him. I've always wondered if he ever figured out what was ahppening.

As for trashing RC cars, boats or planes, you'd better be thankful that the owner/builders of those rather expensive 'toys' never caught you. You might have gone home with no use of your hands. Invest several hundred dollars in an RC plane and maybe you'll appreciate why the owners would be willing to do you great harm if they caught you jamming their channels. How would you like it if someone destroyed your bike...just for "entertainment"?
Tom

dakota47l1

Oct 2, 2011
st louis mo.
In a high school, on the 2nd floor, was able to knock out the entire classroom as well as the ones directly above and below on the 1st and 3rd floors.

In a supermarket, or other public place, if you can hear 'em yapping, you can knock 'em out.

I have always used and recommended the SKU #4355.
I don't know the specifics about the SKU # 47175, although it looks exactly the same.
guys i can see this thing as being dangerus...what if someone needs to call 911??i'm just sayin....

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
At my old apartment in Cleveland we used to have this jerk who'd come through in the next-door lot about two or three times a week to pick up his girlfriend. He'd have his subwoofers pounding out a local rap station so loud that my glassware in the kitchen was rattling.
There is a way to amp up an old Mr. Microphone so that you can override a radio station on a nearby FM radio. (Actually there's probably more than one way, but you only need one!)
I put together a boosted setup with the help of my buddy Dave and some stuff from his parts box, and from my old Radio Shack electronics kit. Little bit of solder, and it was good to go. We tuned in the station to get it ready, then he went to his car to listen on the radio. I told him to come back up if he could hear me. He did, he said it was loud and clear.
The following night, loverboy and his rolling boom-box come by. I fired up the cyborg Mr. Microphone junk box. I heard his radio over there go quiet. Then I screamed "TURN THAT THING DOWN, YOU KNUCKLEHEAD!!!".
I could hear my own voice ring off the dumpster. I like to imagine somebody besides me cheered. I have no idea what loverboy thought, but he didn't play that radio near the place after that.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
I ride the trolley to and from work. No transfers, just straight to work and home. Well its always late nowadays so my sister comes and picks me up. Well, it went by my house at 615. It had gotten so far behind it was catching up to its schedule. Lastnite, right after it would have dropped me off, 3 stops later, it got rearended. Its the type of trolley with the whole engine in the back. It had just gotten out of the shop with a brand new radiator not 2 weeks before. Now...its scrap. A pickup truck around the size of a f150 rearended it. Totaled the engine. Radiator destroyed, broke all the motormounts, everybody's ok as far as i know. If anything, the people in the trolley and the crack head pickup driver may have a little whiplash. The local mayor wants the trolley off that main road but the residents don't want it on residential streets. Well, this accident doesn't help. A new trolley costs a lot of money. I doubt they have enough to buy a new one. They'll get money from the insurance company of the pickup truck driver. That person aint gonna like how much their insurance is gonna increase. Its so annoying. If it aint the mayor, its a crackhead not paying attention. That trolley that i ride has been rear ended atleast 3 times this year. Not to mention the break downs....

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I've fantasized for years about having something in my car that I could not just interrupt cell phone signals, but burn the things up completely. Pass one of those idiots, press a button and see smoke coming from his/her phone.. But, alas, then the FCC would be looking for me like they did back in the old CB days and people running high wattage amps. Hey, maybe something like 400watt amp through an old CB? Hmmmm? They were notorious for throwing out a very 'dirty' signal. I had a guy yell at me at a stop light saying my CB transmission was coming through his car radio, and his radio wasn't even turned on.

I remember one night I was parked in front of a drug store while my wife ran in for something. I was talking on my CB, (250 watt amp) and she came running out saying she could hear every word I was saying over the store's PA system. Might work on a cell phone. :)
Tom
I used to have a nice base station that was more than a little overpowered.. and a 'dirty boot' in the car that gave it's radio a bit more oomph.. unfortunately the neighbours baby monitors picked up everything and I had to take the antenna mast down.