Any UFC fans?

GoldenMotor.com

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Im a big UFC fan, anyone else?

Wow was i impressed with Silva, not because Okami was that great (i never expected him to win) but its the way he wins, he makes top quality fighters look like absolute amateurs.

My question is do you think Anderson Silva will be beaten before he retires? And if so who has a chance?

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
While i respect your opinion i dont think GSP will beat him, and i dont really think GSP wants that fight, hes not interetsed in moving up a weight class and whenever the subject comes up GSP plays it down or avoids the question.

Id like to see Sonnen try again, though i dont think he will win. Then id like to see Jon Jones fight Silva after hes had a couple more fights. IMO Jones stands the most chance of an upset over Silva....

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
harry76,
I'm a big fan of the UFC & try to watch all the fights.
I think Chael Sonnen should get a rematch & can beat him.
He was wooping Silva until the end last time...
-Lowracer-

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
One thing I have learned about those really good fighters, whatever fighting sport they are in. The REALLY GOOD ones, they can get their but whipped 90% of the fight but when they do find that one vulnerability, that one weak spot of defense, they will use it and win the fight.

Of course this only happens when they are fighting another fighter that is pretty good themselves. When the really good fighters face an opponent that isn't as experienced as themselves they tend to end the fight very soon and never got hurt during the fight.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
harry76,
I'm a big fan of the UFC & try to watch all the fights.
I think Chael Sonnen should get a rematch & can beat him.
He was wooping Silva until the end last time...
-Lowracer-

Im eagerly awaiting that fight too...... I like Chael Sonnen, hes intelligent, hilarious and the only fighter i know that didnt look like an amateur against Silva.... i doubt he will do as well though, last time Silva was carrying an injury and im sure Silva has closed up the hole in his game with takedown defence...... But at least Sonnen aint scared and the leadup in the press will be hilarious with Sonnen laying crap on Silva.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Well unfortunately Sonnen has to get past Brian Stann before he will get another shot at Silva, and Stann wont be an easy fight. Hes that ex-marine guy and he doesnt have any quit in him.... im not really happy about the Sonnen/Stann fight, as i like em both, Brian Stann seems like a genuinely nice guy. It will be a good fight.

I do actually like Anderson Silva but some of his previous behaviour has left me wanting him to get beaten, or at the very least challenged a little, and make him look human instead of looking like hes from the Matrix, anyone whos seen Silva fight knows what i mean

Anderson "spider" Silva - Funny moments - YouTube

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
I'll take Sonnen over Stann.
I've seen Stann totally dominated before by a good wrestler & Sonnen is one of the best. Stann's got the standup but do you really think this one is going to be fought standing up?
I know what you mean by 'Silva & The Matrix'...I'm sure Forest Griffen & Yushin Okami recently know too...lol
-Lowracer-

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Stann gets better everytime as hes not as experienced, but i wouldnt count him out... he is learning and improving and hes a tough SOB.

Either way im happy as i like em both but i suppose i wanna see Sonnen win so it sets up a rematch....... because i think Silva would kill Stann whereas only injure and maim Sonnen...... Silva isnt happy about their previous fight so hes going to really wanna kill Sonnen....... that is if Dan Henderson isnt given a title shot before the Sonnen/Stann winner..... anything can happen, kinda why i love the sport

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Harry76,
Yeah, its kinda hard for me to watch a boxing match now since this sport has took hold.
-Lowracer-
I know what you are saying..... ive never really been a boxing fan, but id always watch Muay Thai/Kickboxing when it was on pay tv, but i find it extremely boring now.

Dont get me wrong.... boxing and Muay Thai and other combat sports have their place, but after watching UFC they are just a small piece of the puzzle. UFC fighters will never be as good of a boxer, but what a lot of people dont realise is you cant stand like a normal boxer and expect to have a chance against a UFC fighter...... just ask James Toney (LOL)..... 9 times out of 10 the UFC fighter would win

agk

Oct 2, 2010
Santa Barbara CA
Velasquez vs Dos Santos. I thought this fight would go longer than 1 minute 4 seconds. Two great fighters nonetheless. It's great they had it on Fox for free, but it would have been great to see the other fights too. Clay Guida and Ben Henderson must have been an exciting fight.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Yeah i thought Valasquez would have won, but Dos Santos seems like a genuinely nice guy so it was good to see...... and although it was probably a good move to get a title fight on public U.S television, i wish they hadnt done it with this fight, i have been waiting for this for a long time and was dissapointed with the brief coverage of this event. Hopefully they can sort out some of the bugs.

Here in Australia we saw the Hendo/Guida fight, then the brief title fight, then another undercard fight, Demarquez vs someone else....... Im interested to see what the U.S public thought, im sure they must have been dissapointed with the main event.

Now we will see who wins out of lesnar/Overeem to see whos next to take on DOS