Assistance is Needed !!

GoldenMotor.com

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Hi,

I've been a member of the 40mph 2-stroke family for a while. Now, I'm searching for a good 4-stroke setup. I want a different sound, look, and feel. I'm considering a Huasheng 4G T-Belt Drive 49cc Motor Kit. I have done lots of research and still have some questions that were not answered.

My stats: 6'0'' tall - 184lb - minimal hills - I plan to add the flex pipe and SBP air filter

- How will this kit do out of the box ?
- Will the 4G T-belt drive let me go 35-40+mph ? (idk ratio on 4G)
- How is the 4G T-belt compared to the Q Matic ?
- What to I need to achieve results like "Flex mans 45mph Felt Slater"
- Is the Q matic the secret weapon?

Your feedback is appreciated ! :)

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hi,

I've been a member of the 40mph 2-stroke family for a while. Now, I'm searching for a good 4-stroke setup. I want a different sound, look, and feel. I'm considering a Huasheng 4G T-Belt Drive 49cc Motor Kit. I have done lots of research and still have some questions that were not answered.

My stats: 6'0'' tall - 184lb - minimal hills - I plan to add the flex pipe and SBP air filter

- How will this kit do out of the box ?
- Will the 4G T-belt drive let me go 35-40+mph ? (idk ratio on 4G)
- How is the 4G T-belt compared to the Q Matic ?
- What to I need to achieve results like "Flex mans 45mph Felt Slater"
- Is the Q matic the secret weapon?
-The 4G kit does pretty well right out of the box.
-No, you should be able to cruise at 30-35mph on flat ground with the 2 primary gear ratios of 4:1 or 5:1. I've got a 5:1 on mine with a 44t or 48t.
-The 4G pulls a little harder from the bottom end but the Q-Matic will pull on up past what the 4G can do at top speed.
-To achive those results of that Felt Slater, you need a nice big downhill or a lot of hot air (or both) ;)
-The Q-Matic is the not so secret weapon, and it works very well for most.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
First off Flex is not going 45 mph.He is using the most inaccurate speedometer on the market.I have the 4G honda and the shift kit with a homemade flex pipe out of liguid tight conduit.You have to play around with the sprockets to get the spped you desire.If you gain at the top you usually loose some low end pull.The 4G kits from Bicycle-engine.com have your choice of ratios but will not fit the shiftkit.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I don't know much, but if my opinion were axed, I would say a Qmatic would rob HP even though it gets to an overdrive ratio at top end rpm.
Basically it makes a machine more ride-able. direct drive is the best way to get more top end when working with limited HP because ALL transmission devices consume power by creating drag.

40mph club must be loads of fun!
FASTER is gonna be even more fun!!!

Good luck
rc

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I don't mind pedaling just a little off the start, I'm used to it. I'm looking to achieve 40mph or very close to. If not 35 is still very nice.

- So what gear ratio is better ? 4:1 or 5:1

- What size sprocket with the better ratio?

- Of the 3 gearbox selections, which is better ?
: Chain Drive, 4G T belt, or Q Matic

Now I'm getting somewhere, thanks for the help so far guys :)

Last edited:

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
My 4G when a single speed reached around 32 mph with the 4:1 and a 44t sprocket bone stock. Might have got 35 with the flex exhaust and a better breathing air filter. Was a surprisingly good hill climber. Its a lot of fun with the shift kit, there is nothing it cant climb. And it is relaxed at 35 in 6th gear, would have been wound like crazy as a single speed.

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
You need to be real careful here and think about ultimately what your Ideal set-up is going to be? There are two different 4G Drives, There is the one for the HS 142F/CC (Short tapered shaft motor with clutch shoe pack installed) and the one for the Honda GXH50 and the HS 142F (5/8th. in. Straight shaft motors) Additionally with this new Batch of kits that have just arrived in the US, there is a choice of reduction 4:1 or 5:1 The 4:1 Drives use the "New Improved" One-Way bearing and have a fixed 10t output sprocket. The 5:1 Drives have a fixed 100t pulley with a 12t freewheeling output sprocket. The first round of one-way bearings were a disaster, its to early to say if the new improved is truly better? The Chinese output freewheels have had their share of problems over the years. I have these welded up on my bikes. The next thing to consider is the over all width of the motor and Drive. The Drive for the HS142F/cc motor is wider than the one for the Honda. This width difference is not a problem if you are mounting a driven sprocket on the left side of your bike but if you think you might want to someday add a SBP Shift Kit to your set up, the extra width causes some additional problems that need to be worked around to make it work/align properly? If you think that someday you might want to switch to the EZM Q-Matic then you want to be sure that the kit you get has the 5/8th in. Straight Shaft Motor, as the EZM Drives do not currently work with the Short Tapered shaft motors. Alot to think about and consider but doing it now could save you some headaches in the future.

ocscully

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
I agree with oscully, there are many options. But if your going for speed stick with the lower ratios. The 4:1 and a 44T will get you a nice high end and will still putt off from a start. I have a Titan HS with a 3:1 gear box with a 10T output and a 36T rear sprocket. It still takes off from a stand still and will pull up a hill(although very slow around 10mph). What is really great is at high speeds around 30+ the engine is still at low rpms compared to higher geared setups. My MPG is very high, 150+ even though I am 260lbs. I won't go over 35 on it though, no reason to eat concrete, but I keep up with traffic and can still get more speed out of it if I need to pass cars. Good Luck!