Noob Choosing Frame

GoldenMotor.com

moronic_kaos

Apr 6, 2010
Connecticut
Right now I'm debating on which frame I want to use:

Now the only one of these bikes I've ever ridden was on a Shwinn "Delmar" frame. It's the second of the two listed. Now the bike itself seems feature-rich, which makes for a comfortable ride. But the kid who built it had to get a custom mounting bracket made because the frame was too far extended in the lower-front. That's why I was looking at the Huffy, which from the picture seems a little smaller. Any input?

I'm not concerned on the features, or the price. Just ease of mounting.

26'' Huffy Men's Cranbrook Cruiser/Comfort Bike:

walmart.c0m/ip/26-M-Cranbrook-cruiser-comfort-bike-model-56360-dark-blue/12509649
26'' Men's Schwinn Delmar Cruiser:

walmart.c0m/ip/26-Men-s-Schwinn-Delmar-Cruiser/13398149

EDIT: Due to a spam block, this site wont let me post the links. So replace the "0" (zero) in c0m with the letter "o".

Whizzerd

Nov 20, 2009
Muncie,IN
Hi MK. I've done three Cranbrooks and am happily riding one now. The u-clamp front mount adaptor works good on the Cranny you should file the rear mount to make more contact area. Helps w/ vibration issues. Can't speak on the DelMar but can't see much dif on the two bikes. But if you have your sights on either, plan on removing the fenders or plan on doing some serious beefing up. THEY ARE DANGEROUS. Suggest you leave 'em off. Get your first one done and enjoy the ride. The forums are a priceless wealth of info. Good Luck!

moronic_kaos

Apr 6, 2010
Connecticut
If you're choosing between those two, the Delmar *might* have better fenders. If you can compare in the store, do so. Apart from that, the only difference to speak of will be that the Delmar has a rack and the Cranbrook doesn't. If you're going to want a rack (that doesn't have a spring clip), the price difference between the bikes warrants getting the Delmar.

You will need to use an extended front mount on any cruiser bike frame.

If you're willing to spend a little more, go for the Landmark. $124, and it's got front and rear vbrakes. No fenders or rack, but the vbrakes are head and shoulders over coasters.
Yeah, but the problem was that the delmar was so far extended that the extended front mount that came with the kit wasn't long enough to fit the bike. He had to get one made like 1 1/2 times the size.

Thanks for everyone's input.