Tricycle going 50km/h ?

GoldenMotor.com

Harp

Jul 3, 2008
So I took out my 80cc gas bike last night. I had pulled over in a road because I heard
something really loud and fast.
And all I see was this about 12yr boy zipping on a tricycle. With a motor on the back.
I couldn't stop laughing but that seems like a project I want to try. laff

tol_mol

Sep 15, 2009
argentina
I am thinking about building a motor trike!! I have no experience building anything but I hope it turns real! I am finding some kind of plans, any help?
THANKS!

GUTENBERG94

Nov 1, 2009
Paris - FRANCE
Hi,

As I "cannot post links until I become an active member of the forum", may I suggest you go on YOU TUBE, search for TRIKER SOLEX, and you will se a video showing my tricycle based on TRIKER (built in Holland) with a SOLEX friction motor.
My next step will be to replace the SOLEX motor by a SCOOTER engine. With this we may get close to the 50 Km/H...

Amicales salutations de Paris - FRANCE. (Regards from Paris - FRANCE).

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I started my thrift store bike to a 'sorta' trike conversion yesterday. When it is a little farther along I will post a picture. It is electric though.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
This is the best I can do till the sun comes out.
It's attached to both sides of the frame so it's pretty rigid. It stays upright pretty well, so maybe it won't dump me when I try to get on and off it. I haven't had a chance to ride it yet. I should be able to ride tomorrow.

I have plenty of 20" front wheels so maybe next time I'll do it all in 20" wheels.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That video reminded me of a vehicle I saw at Disney World's Epcot Center back in the late 80s. It was called 'The Lean Machine' . It used a motorcycle engine and transmission and the steering was accomplished by shifting the rider weight. It leaned into turns and had a remarkably short turning radius. It had a fiberglass body with a full plexi canopy like a fighter. Really cool but I've never seen mention of it since. The trike in the video appeared to have a similar steering mechanism.
Tom