Bill's 2000 Whizzer upgrade and restyling project

GoldenMotor.com

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Thanks dmb, racie, curt and chainmaker for the comments. Greatly appreciate input from builders of fine bikes. And thanks curt for the cool Whizzer ads you sent .

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Bill welded the tab onto the fork leg the brake plate slips into. Now I can paint and assemble the forks and lace the front wheel.

The pivot on the front of the seat Bill bought at the long Beach cycle swap is worn out and I needed to replace it with one that is wider so the seat can slip down over the tube.

So I cut a new bracket from a 1'' X 4'' heavy wall tubing and bolted it to the seat pan.

Then I made a seat mount using 1 1/4'' X 3/8'' thick bar stock welded into 1'' round stock at a 20 degree angle so it is level.

By opening up the slot at the pinch bolt, my mount can slip into place.

Last edited:

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Add some spacers and heavy washers and it's ready to install.

Fit it to the seat.

The pinch bolt holds it in place.

Now it's is back and lower for a nice transition from the tank to the seat.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Bill's whizzer restlying is really shaping up. Lowering the seat and front forks will make it look more like the vintage whizzer. Dales getting Bill's wheels ready, saw them yesterday, gonna be nice!

Ray

Mike Chiavetta

Jul 16, 2011
Huntington Beach
Very cool Dale and Bill, thanks for the loan of the Kohler for mock-up purposes. Bill, your going to have to move the seat over the rear wheel by cutting/welding the seat post at 45° .
This will be a very nice motorbike when your done...
( ; ^ ) Mike

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Finally got the correct spokes and both wheels are ready to install. Maybe Bill can score a skip tooth chain and we'll make it look older yet. I have lots of skipper sprockets.

Having a little trouble installing one of the fork seals, so I'm making a better driver to push it down. Shouldn't be too much longer now.
Ray dropped off the cylinder head and copper head gasket. Need to get the motor back together.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Finally back up on 2 wheels. This is the look Bill and I were trying to achieve. Still lots to do, but made some good progress today.

Here's a preview of Bill's next project.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
msrfan,
Is Bill a really big guy or is that a 24" frame? It looks small, but looks real good, too. What is the engine on his next project? Looks like a custom frame.
SB

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Yes silverbear, Bill is just 5' 17'' and it is a 24'' Whizzer. He makes every bike look small.

His next bike is a custom frame with a carbon fiber tank and the motor is a vintage Briggs with a broken flywheel. Dan and I are going to fit an 8hp Briggs flywheel to it and mount a magneto coil next to it. The taper is a little different but Dan can make an adapter bushing and the outside diameter is correct. We'll have lots of details when the build begins.