Why did I join this great Motorized Bicycle forum?

GoldenMotor.com

Cyclin

Jul 4, 2011
California
I joined because I was just about to start building my first motorized bike and thought I may need some help. I've stayed because boy did I need some help haha. This forum has a great wealth of information and the members are incredibly knowledgable.

I find myself on this forum usually once a day, and when I'm not fixing my bike I'm looking for new ideas and upgrades. I was sure this would become a great hobby but instead it's become an awesome addiction!

Papa Tac

Oct 2, 2011
the 5th corner...
To keep from killing myself on a KLR or V-Strom (my mid-life crisis).
Wifey decided I wanted a motorized bike instead - we had seen a 40's style Army motor-bile on classifieds (tres cool), and she suggested I try something safe like that.
Little does she know... I can get a compound fracture watching Monday Night Football

Greetings all, btw
First post from a Newbie. I am loving the site - much info, welcoming community, can't wait to start posting questions that you're all tired of answering...

Will intro myself later - I hope to have some power between my legs by spring
Just one question - where do you hide all the Newfies?

monark

Feb 1, 2012
sweden
In all my internetsearch on diff. forums this site has to be by far the most wellvisited.i freqently visit forums ranging from hondaclubs to homemade solarpower for the house and this got to be the nicest i been into,and i have to agree with the first thread,THIS HOBBY IS ADDICTIVE!!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Hi monark and welcome.
Just a newcomers tip...

The SEARCH function is your friend, get to know him.
There is a wealth of info about EXACTLY what you are looking for in a heartbeat if you take the time to understand how it works ;-}

monark

Feb 1, 2012
sweden
Hi monark and welcome.
Just a newcomers tip...

The SEARCH function is your friend, get to know him.
There is a wealth of info about EXACTLY what you are looking for in a heartbeat if you take the time to understand how it works ;-}
thanks for the tip! Haha,i thought so to but everything apparently havent been done before,i started a thread about using a coolingfan clutch from a car as a clutch for a briggsbuild but no one had been daft enough too look into that one,but now the forum at least know it cant be done.its nice to be on the frontline sometimes! But i really love this forum and the flashlike response you get ranging from Florida to Italy,fantastico! its a nice and warm place to be...:D

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
I joined just for info, but found a freindly community of like thinkers who are incredibly talented and eager to share everything, including ideas, knowledge, advice, preferences and even parts and transportation to events. Couldn't ask for anything better than this forum.

fredgold52

Dec 3, 2009
Illinois
I typically join what looks like the leading internet forum on whatever my latest fancy is. I bought a MINI, so I joined the MINI forum, then a NewBeetle, then a Volvo, and Cigar box Guitar Building, and Martin guitars, etc.

I believe I have found these forums to be a great source of expert and near expert advice on various issues. Also, like this forum, it's an opportunity to talk with and get ideas from people with interests similar to mine.

fastfingas

Dec 25, 2011
New Orleans
i was banned from the other forum also for trying to help. I know this program that runs the sites pretty well but when i offered to help and gave a few suggestions to make the programing run smoother the guy got really nasty with me and i was told if i thought i could do it better to do it my own site so i did one. Not sure if this one is better because they both have great members and things you can learn. I know i like this one better but of course i am partial
hey paul i'm glad you decided to create your own forum !this is the onlt one i know, i haven't been here long but all responses i"ve gotten have been positive and in good manner ,,,,,,good job ,